** Apple Design Award Winner **
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Built from the ground up over a five-year period, every feature, tool, panel and function has been developed with the needs of creative professionals at its core. With continuous innovation and development, the result is a ground-breaking application that will revolutionise how you work.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimised for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel, retina and wireframe view of vector artwork in and out of split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Precise vector tools
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing and smart shape tools available
• Pencil and brush stabilisation for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
Raster or vector, you decide
• With a single click switch between vector and raster workspaces
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• True creative freedom not found in other apps.
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text along any drawn path
Built for your workflow
• Unlimited artboards
• Saveable history with alternate futures
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts
• PSD, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, TIFF and EXR file support
• Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
• Linked symbols and constraints
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale colour models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC colour management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single click
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
- Optimised for Sidecar
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Continue to be impressed
I have been using Affinity designer for some time now. I don’t often write reviews, but this is the second I’ve written for AD because it really is a game changer.
My first impressions were good, and I said so in a review earlier this year, but after considerable use producing magazine ads with AD I really love it. It is so much easier to use than Illustrator, which like a lot of Adobe products is resting on its laurels and showing its age now. I have not opened Illustrator for months. I wish Adobe would bring InDesign into the 21st Century as well. Another example of Adobe resting on its laurels. For example: if I am trying to decide on a font for a strap line, I have to leave InDesign and type the words into AD so I can see the words change in real time, something InDesign - incredibly - still can’t do. It is rumoured that Serif are producing a DTP app - if it is as good as AD, then watch out InDesign.
Combines everything that I need
Years ago I used Serif's DrawPlus software on Windows. Then I switched to Apple and used the Illustrator market leader until it went subscription only.
I have switched to Affinity Designer recently and it is an easy transfer from what I was using.
Designer manages to provide a huge amount of function while making the process of using that function very simple. Its easy links to Photo and Publisher from the same company just means it is unbeatable, for my needs.
Finally, throw in a very affordable price with a multi computer licence, and I think I can rest my case.
Really well recommended.
The App I always wished Illustrator was
I've been using a competitor product from Version 3, back in the early 90's to CS6. In that time it's improved a little, but has basically remained the same app, just with menus being moved around (hidden) with each version.
Using Affinity Designer is just so much easier. You click on something and it actually selects the item you are clicking on. The vector handles are so much smoother and easier to identify. The infinite zoom is amazing. The team at Affinity should be proud of what they have created. I love it !!!
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 411.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.