** Apple Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries for professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating full-blown multi-layered compositions, it has all the power and performance you will ever need.
Performance and power:
• Live, real time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke.
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac:
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Added TGA export.
- Added “Remove Black Matte” and “Remove White Matte” filters.
- Shadows and highlights filter can now use either the 1.6 or 1.7 method.
- Live filter improvements.
- Flood select now works on placed images, and can sample from all layers.
- Flood fill too can now sample from layers beneath - also supports blend modes.
- “D” key resets fills to black & white.
- Japanese IME improvements.
- Numerous bug fixes and small improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
As an illustrator, I’m pleased with features like ‘erase white paper’ but I’d really appreciate a ‘Save to Web’ dialogue with a preview, so that I could balance reduced file size against image quality.
The user interface - with the options for a light colour scheme and larger print - works well for me. The tutorial videos are very useful.
Technical point: I’ve come across a problem recording a macro to reduce an image proportionally (it ‘stretches’ the image instead of locking the proportions as it should), so I’ve put a query on the Affinity Forum.
In the context of such an impressive program, my ‘save to web’ export problems seem like minor quibbles. I’m new to the program, so if there’s an obvious workaround for these everyday issues, I wouldn’t hesistate to rewrite this review award it the full five stars. Highly recommended.
A Impressive Editor
Ive been a Photoshop user for over 10 years and I first had my doubts about Affinty Photo but I was thoroughly impressed when I finally sat down to use it.
It feels familiar and user friendly, every tool and filter is loacated where youd expect it to be when you are used to PS, even the shortcuts are virtually the same. The processing tools such as blurs, healing brush, content aware, etc all do their purpose with ease and in some cases it performs better than PS. It has different “personas” which make editing a breeze without having to switch between multiple software. The only thing I didnt like was the live preview while working, it make my image look pixellated and it was just annoying since PS keeps it clean all the time, but after a few minutes you dont even notice anymore.
If you are new to the world of editing or a PS veteran, this is worth having in your arsenal. Its no where near as advanced as PS but its really held its ground in comparison and is more powerful than youd expect.
An Excellent Alternative to Photoshop
I’ve been using this software since the beta and I’ve finally reached the point where I genuinely prefer this application to Photoshop. What I mean by this is, even if it was the same price, I would still take this over Photoshop because I find myself just ridiculously fast working with this software and its many personas.
Not only that, it just makes all of the common features you’d need so ridiculously accessible and in many ways I find myself coming up with amazing things that I simply wouldn’t’ve considered doing in Photoshop. Everything is just ridiculously intuitive and I genuinely find that the quality of my photos has improved since I got this software as I’ve been able to do incredible things when editing them.
It’s also a ridiculously good price for what you get, and so far this has included all updates. It works wonderfully with the MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar and it really runs rather well on my system.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 420.2 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.