** Special Offer - 50% off for a limited time **
** Mac App of the Year Winner **
Faster, smoother and more powerful than ever, Affinity Photo continues to push the boundaries of professional photo editing software. With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create full-blown, multi-layered compositions or beautiful raster paintings, and so much more.
Performance and power:
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 60fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Support for a range of plug-ins
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Saveable undo history
• Record and play macros for ultimate productivity
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Isolate, edit and duplicate spare channels with a simple click
• Saveable studio presets for the UI layout
• Linked images and resource manager
• PDF passthrough
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
Professional image processing:
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette, best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• Support for the latest cameras
Quality retouching and correction tools:
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine:
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle to see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects:
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they’ve been applied
• Path text capabilities
• Apply live liquify layers over the top of multiple layers or on single pixel layer
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
Built for Mac:
• Fully compatible with macOS Big Sur and optimised for Apple’s M1 chips
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including Metal compute, OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups
• External eGPU support
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Compatibility and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
App fine but can’t download latest version
Tis app is great but its impossible to download the latest version. I had 1.7.2 and when I clicked update nothing happened. Eventually I deleted the app and tried to download - nothing still says update. Tried updating and now it only opens from the App Store link but is not visible on my Mac and its downgraded to 1.7.0. Sp 5 starts for the app but knocked off 3 for this total failure to upgrade. So I guess the App Store is at fault but Serif needs to work out why! My advice would be to always get it direct - the App Store is too flaky to rely on. UPDATE: In the end I had to upgrade on my wife’s machine (we have enabled family sharing) and then copy the new version to my machine and register. Completely mad but at least I now have all the apps upgraded. So I’ve added a couple of stars back. Still took too much time to sort though.
A Impressive Editor
Ive been a Photoshop user for over 10 years and I first had my doubts about Affinty Photo but I was thoroughly impressed when I finally sat down to use it.
It feels familiar and user friendly, every tool and filter is loacated where youd expect it to be when you are used to PS, even the shortcuts are virtually the same. The processing tools such as blurs, healing brush, content aware, etc all do their purpose with ease and in some cases it performs better than PS. It has different “personas” which make editing a breeze without having to switch between multiple software. The only thing I didnt like was the live preview while working, it make my image look pixellated and it was just annoying since PS keeps it clean all the time, but after a few minutes you dont even notice anymore.
If you are new to the world of editing or a PS veteran, this is worth having in your arsenal. Its no where near as advanced as PS but its really held its ground in comparison and is more powerful than youd expect.
An Excellent Alternative to Photoshop
I’ve been using this software since the beta and I’ve finally reached the point where I genuinely prefer this application to Photoshop. What I mean by this is, even if it was the same price, I would still take this over Photoshop because I find myself just ridiculously fast working with this software and its many personas.
Not only that, it just makes all of the common features you’d need so ridiculously accessible and in many ways I find myself coming up with amazing things that I simply wouldn’t’ve considered doing in Photoshop. Everything is just ridiculously intuitive and I genuinely find that the quality of my photos has improved since I got this software as I’ve been able to do incredible things when editing them.
It’s also a ridiculously good price for what you get, and so far this has included all updates. It works wonderfully with the MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar and it really runs rather well on my system.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 726.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.