Bring your vision to life with Affinity Publisher, the most advanced professional publishing software from the developers of the award-winning Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo apps.
This incredibly smooth, intuitive app gives you the power to combine your images, graphics and text to make beautiful layouts ready for publication. From magazines, books, brochures, posters, reports and stationery to other creations, Affinity Publisher has everything you need to create the perfect layout.
Also featuring the game-changing ability to fully integrate with other Affinity apps, this next generation software is completely revolutionising the way publishing professionals work.
Professional layout tools
• Facing page spreads
• Live master pages, including nested master pages
• Image frames with intelligent scaling options
• Advanced guides, grids and snapping
• Tables and custom table formats
• Wrap text around any object or image with fine padding control
• Create text frames of any shape
• Link multiple text frames together across your document
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Comprehensive OpenType support
• Text decorations, drop caps and initial words
• Flow text along any path
• Advanced flow options and hyphenation
• Baseline grid and text frame rulers
Perfect images and graphics
• Link or embed images in your document
• Place PSD, AI, PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG or Affinity files
• Correct and enhance images with non-destructive adjustment layers
• Precision engineered pen and node tools for creating vector curves and shapes
• Boolean operations to add, subtract, combine and divide shapes
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
• Live preview of all effects, blend modes and image adjustments
Built for your workflow
• Automatically generate indexes and table of contents
• Section manager to organise your documents
• Pan, zoom and scroll through documents at 60fps
• RegEx search and replace
• Saveable undo history with alternate futures
• Customisable keyboard shortcuts
• End-to-end CMYK and spot colour
• Pantone library included
• Crop, bleed and registration
• PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4 output for professional print
Full integration with other Affinity apps
• Link to your other Affinity apps directly from Affinity Publisher with StudioLink
• Revolutionary feature allows you to instantly switch to the advanced photo editing features of Affinity Photo and precise vector tools of Affinity Designer without leaving the app
• The most fluid workflow ever conceived in a creative suite of applications
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Compatibility and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
See what the future looks like
This app has me really excited for the future. If you own Affinty Designer and Photo it’s certainly worth the purchase just to try out Studiolink. It really is a potential game changer for the industry. I’m giving it five stars as I think it’s a fantastic product especially for the price, but it’s not quite an InDesign killer for me… yet. As a professional designer, there are still a few too many shortcomings. If these can be rectified—and I understand all are being worked on—then Adobe should be very worried.
I’ve worked on a few bits and pieces but I find myself missing things like:
– Pro Preflighting tools
– Scripting and Plugin support
– Ability to package files, fonts, linked images up for production / archiving
– IDML import (it does open pdfs really nicely though which can help with older projects)
– Word/character count
As it stands, if you’re a hobbyist or student, you should download this now. If you’re an everyday professional like me, it’s still definitely worth a purchase, Studiolink is what the future looks like and is a joy to use. Depending on what you work on, and how you work, it may be that all your needs are met. But for me, there’s still a little too much missing to make it an InDesign replacement. It’s still a fantastic achievement and a great tool. I have high hopes for the coming updates.
I've been anticipating Publisher since they announced it 4 or 5 years ago. It was definately worth the wait. It doesn't have everything, out of the blocks, but it has everything I need and can complete my transition from Adobe's CS6. For a version 1.0 it's a stunning achievement.
Designer, Photo and Publisher are three must have modern products on the Mac (or PC). Don't be fooled by the price, these are Pro products from a well established developer, that more than compete with Adobe's CC offerings. Graphic Designers, you now have an affordable alternative !
Lost resources cost time!
This tisn’t he first app I've bought from Affinty; I have Affinity Photo on my Mac and iPad Pro and no probs with those so I thought I'd give this a go.
The first project I working on with Affinity Publisher had me convinced I had made the right deicision to abandon my Adobe CC monthly subscription (which included Adobe inDesign) and use this software. The workflow was fairly easy to grasp and I created a new flyer in a couple of hours. Wow, I thought.
Then I left the project overnight. Went into Finder (Mac), double clicked the Publisher file and several of the linked resources needed finding again. That was a huge dissappointment as I only wanted to go and make a PDF to send to my boss and I had to now spend time relocating all the images I'd used that it had 'lost'.
So now I'm not so impressed. If I had designed the flyer in inDesign this wouldn't have happened and has now made me look a bit silly because he was on the phone with me and waiting for a PDF to be emailed to him as we spoke.
So, for now, 3 stars is the best I can offer and that's being generous. First project and first chunk of lost time has shatered the confidence I started to have with Affinity Publisher.
I was about to buy Affinity Designer but I'm now having second thoughts.
Developer Response ,
Linked images will be lost if the location of the images is changed at any point. Was this the case with your situation?
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 415 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.