Air Video HD is the ultimate streaming video player for all videos stored on your computer. If want to watch them on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, this is the app for you.
Download and install the server software on your Mac or PC (Linux coming soon) and you’ll be watching your videos on your device in seconds. Going somewhere without network access? Download is just one tap away.
Don’t worry about video formats, codecs and bitrates, let Air Video HD handle the dirty details for you. If needed, Air Video HD will transparently transcode the video (“on fly”) so that it plays on all supported iOS devices, including Apple TV (with surround sound and soft subtitles). But we took special care to ensure that transcoding is only done when necessary. No matter what format the video is in, AVI, DivX, MKV and other videos just work.
Major Features in Air Video HD 2.0
* Beautiful user interface optimized for iOS 8. With special support for iPhone 6 and 6+, we make sure your valuable screen space is not wasted
* State of the art playback pipeline. We take our transcoding seriously. Support for soft subtitles, H.264 passthrough for your HD videos and surround sound on Apple TV will let you enjoy your media the way it is supposed to be.
* Video Download. Going somewhere without internet access? Air Video HD is the easiest way to get your videos to device. Simply browse to your video and press download. That's it. With one slider you decide if you want to prioritize video quality or save space on device.
* Synchronized settings. You can stop video on you iPhone and resume on your iPad. Playback settings (including subtitle and audio selection), history and many other are synchronized as well.
* History. Quickly navigate between previously visited folders and played files. See which videos have already been played and which are new. Did we mention that history can be synchronized across all your devices?
* Audio and Subtitle synchronization adjustment (2.0). Your subtitles being out-of-sync is no longer a problem, you can correct it in just few taps.
* Video playback speed control (2.0). In a hurry? Speed it up!
* Aspect ratio control (2.0). Now you can finally correct those those weird looking videos. Also works when playing Apple TV of course!
* Many other features waiting for you to explore
Note that Air Video HD will not play DRM protected videos. All video content purchased through iTunes includes DRM. Video podcast content is free and does not include DRM protection.
The free server software (available for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at http://airvideoapp.com .
Fixed crash when playing next video
Ratings and Reviews
I have Streamtome however as there is no option to create custom restriction to files for each device (or not as far as i could see) i needed another server that i could put on my son's iPad so he didn't end up discovering something like a saw film that would scare him to death. I had 'air media center/server' however was never able to get it working outside the home. I downloaded air video and was sceptical about its ability to play over mobile network or thought it might take a lot of messing about with router settings. I have had a lot of issues with gaining access to my iMac outside of my local network in the past, I have an airport extreme connected to the router from my ISP (EE) and think having to go through the 2 routers is what has caused problems in the past but not this time, which is why i am truly amazed at how great this app and the server are. I JUST WORKS. Just like that. Finally a server and app for someone that isn't a network expert. Worth every penny.
The best media streaming app there is.
With each iteration this app gets better and better. Issues that occurred when I first got this 3 years ago have all been addressed it is now extremely stable, versatile and capable of dealing with anything I throw at it. With the size of files increasing it was the speed of the backend that was my bottleneck. Transcoding Avatar in 3D was the biggest test and with the new iMac 5K with an i7 processor the server can do this in realtime. The app itself is very stable on all hardware and all iOS versions including the betas for 8.3 and currently 8.4. The transcoded files are the ones I use to load into iTunes so saving me the time of processing them again.
It would be nice if, once loaded on an iOS device, the files could be moved to the camera roll or shared from the device via airdrop but I'm assuming that is the intentional limitation Apple have built in so as to keep apps from interacting.
For the cost of the App you get some much of a value-add, buying this is simply a no-brainer.
A perfect video home streaming app
I use this app to stream any video content to any of my iOS devices. You need the companion app on your computer and define where to look for files but that is almost all of it. If you keep all your movie files together then it is easier still. There are few file formats that do not work and if you keep to the main ones then it is even less of a problem. My media server is on all the time so I can watch films in bed or in the bath, in fact anywhere you like in your home as long as you can connect to the home wifi network. It would be great to be able to access the app while away from home, but I have not worked out if that is possible yet.
- Bit Cave Ltd.
- 8.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 InMethod s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Join Early Access £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.