Alfred is a keyboard-driven productivity application, helping you launch apps and search your local computer as well as the web with great speed.
* Winner of Macworld's 2012 Editor's Choice Awards
* TUAW's Best Mac Utility of 2011
* Mac AppStorm's Top Mac Apps 2011
* Leo Laporte's MacBreak Weekly Pick of the Week April 2011 & more!
* Application launcher: Launch any application with a quick shortcut. Alfred will learn which apps you use often and prioritise them when you search
* Search your Mac: Quickly find and open files, bookmarks, contacts, music and more. You will never again have to wonder just where you saved that important document.
* Search the web: Search or launch your favourite websites: Maps, Amazon, eBay, Wikipedia and many more.
* Calculate and Spell: Just start typing to do a quick calculation or look up spellings, definitions or synonyms and antonyms.
* System Commands: Control your Mac with speed and efficiency. Empty trash, start the Screen Saver, restart, shut down, eject a drive and more.
* Custom Searches: Create your own web searches for frequently used websites and wikis.
Ward off RSI - skip using the mouse with this fast and beautiful app.
This is a huge release with 2 new colour themes, Large type support and much more! See alfredapp.com for more details.
* 2 new themes from user theme competition - Dark and Smooth & Pistachio
* Large type support, use ⌘L to show the currently typed text or calculation in large type
* Drag results (files / images etc) out of Alfred into emails, graphics apps, Finder
* New 'Advanced' option for Default Result types, add any file type you like to the default results (still recommend open/find/[spacebar]prefix for file search)
* Overhaul to file searching algorithm allowing, now non-continuous word based matching
* Improvements to the 'in' keyword allowing for disjoint keyword matching
* More exact matching for 'text files' in the default results, no longer matches .ics files
* Improved decimal point configuration in the Calculator, now allowing forced decimal separator output for comma based locales
* Alfred.app no longer shows in results and typing 'alfred' now opens the preferences
* Add Xcode's new Applications location to the default search scope
* More flexibility on the Spell/Define keywords, allow matching on items not in the dictionary
* Less aggressive scientific notation rounding for the calculator for better 0 approximation errors
* More intelligent 'eject' keyword to prevent false errors when a drive is successfully ejected
* Code and performance improvements
* Fixed / improved text and help throughout the preferences
* Make MAS version startup / welcome sheet non resizable and close using Esc key
* Allow ⌘^Q and ⌘^W as hotkeys, previously blocked by over-protective code
* Update the core window renderer to fix a quirk behind the preference cog with transparent themes
* Remove deprecated code and make Alfred more future proofed for OS X
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful for everything
I don’t know how I managed without this. Everything I want to open is a shortcut and few letters away. Press ⌥ and space and up pops a box, start typing what you are looking for and press enter when you have found it. If you are looking for a file, type “find” and then something from the file name. You can open a website simply by typing the url and hitting enter. You can even type a web search query and (unless it matches an application on your computer) it will open your default browser to a web search page with results for your query.
I’m constantly finding new uses (itunes miniplayer, evernote, etc.). If it doesn’t do what you want, it is worth doing a quick search on the web, you’re likely to find the answer you need within a few minutes, saving you hours down the road.
Only just installed this app, but had to write a review already. This be the first on the list for any new mac. Brilliantly simple, so much customisation available and makes doing anything a thousand times quicker. You can do anything on your computer within a few keystrokes.
The only thing missing is a retina icon for the top menu, which I’m sure they’ll do in the next update.
why are you still on 1.2 when you can download 2.7.1?
This application is augmenting your productivity to the max and the more extensions you install or learn functional keyboard shortcuts, the less you find you need your mouse. This is true and powerfull HUD technology. Spotlight is pale in its capability and scalability before this passepartout! The only limitation is the discrepancy of versions between the app store version, which dates back to 2012 and the current 2015 version, which is easily downloadable by their main website.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.