Alif Baa - Teach your kids the Arabic alphabet whilst keeping them entertained with this exciting game. Alif Baa is the best way to learn the Arabic Alphabet. The app uses a series of captivating games to help children learn the Arabic alphabet in a fun and easy way. Children journey through the game whilst completing a variety of exercises which can be time tracked and scored. Learning pace is tailored to individual children of all ages.
Four great games to develop your child's skills:
- Flashcards: Letter recognition exercises: Each Arabic letter is displayed on a card, the card is flipped by tapping to reveal an animal starting with the letter. The voice announces the animal and the letter in Arabic. Transliteration from English to Arabic is also presented. Letters can be randomized using app settings.
-Identification: to test knowledge of letters learnt in flashcards: a variety of letters are displayed and voice over request a specific letter to be touched, if an incorrect letter is selected the app will prompt with a buzzer sound, if the right letter is touched an animal starting with that letter is displayed. Get through all 30 letters in the quickest time and enter your score online to be entered into a free monthly prize draw. Randomize the letter or hide the hint to vary game difficulty
-Sequencing: The Arabic alphabet is jumbled, the task is to arrange all the letters in the correct sequence. Use the app settings to enable scoring to compete with family and friends., Get through all 30 letters in the quickest time and enter your score online to be entered into a free monthly prize draw.
- Tracing to practice handwriting: Choose the entire alphabet, or a select few letters to spell your name or an object, this handwriting game allows you to practice your Arabic handwriting like no other app, each letter is displayed in full screen format with dotted lines to guide you through writing the letter. After each letter is drawn they are placed on a blackboard. Get through all the letters to unlock the winning trophy.
What makes Alif Baa Unique?
- Universal app playing natively on IPhone, IPad, iPod Touch, no other Arabic app brings a variety of teaching method under a single app
- Excellent Value for price, doesn’t require additional in app spending
- Doesn’t expose kids to external services or advertises, Protected settings functionality
- Assess progress and proficiency, enabled via settings
- Variety of settings to enable:
- letter randomization
- hints enablement/disablement
- progress tracking
- Leaderboards, see how you compare against the competition
- Color Picker, change the color of the alphabets through all 4 games to make the app unique to your child
What People Are Saying?
“Alif Baa is an awesome app, harnessing a variety of teaching methods and delivering it through a single app. I am relieved to know that my kids can be engrossed in playing and learning with this app whilst I get some respite".
“My children really enjoy the handwriting app, they have started writing their names in Arabic and are moving on to write animals (with little guidance) overall an excellent app, a recommended download for all parents".
Connect with us to suggest a feature or report a bug on the web: http://www.alifbaa.co.uk
Facebook Instagram and Twitter: #Alifbaa
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
We have changed Alif Baa to make game play more satisfying, here's how:
- Performance enhancement to tiling and handwriting games (game 3 and 4)
- Improvements to letter positioning and load times
Ratings and Reviews
Had so much time getting my son to engage with traditional means of learning Arabic however this has been fantastic. Wasted so much money on flash cards etc before this.
Mashallah keep it up
Highly recommended download 👌🏻
Really like the customisable features and sharing via social media, great application for learning. Highly recommended download
This app is spot on. The perfect way for your little ones to learn the Arabic alphabet through simple games using voice feedback as well as touch and visuals. Also great for anyone new to the Arabic language. Games are a lot of fun with optional competitive element. An invaluable aspect is the flexibility of the teacher mode which pinpoints and individualises each child's learning. Highly recommend.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Javed Hussain
- 26.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0 to 5
- © 2016 - Sync Enterprises
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.