Use the Amazon Alexa app to manage Alexa-enabled devices, control music playback, view shopping lists on the go, keep track of upcoming reminders, check on active timers and much more. When you enable hands free with Alexa, you can talk to Alexa by simply saying “Alexa” when the app is on your screen. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANISE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse) and all of the terms found here (www.amazon.co.uk/alexaterms). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice).
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I supply & install a lot of home automation gear ranging from smart plugs to (eWeLink & Tuya) smart switches (mainly electrical accessories) & one thing my customers are complaining on is that you cannot set scenes. You can trigger routines but even with that it doesn’t have the facility whereas if you have a spare module in a smart switch you cannot use that to turn a smart plug on. Or you cannot use that spare module to control a light in the corridor to make it a 2 way (assuming there’s also a smart switch in the corridor too).
What you can do is only limited in the eWeLink app itself & not Alexa. Since all devices like smart switches & smart plugs are showing up in the Alexa app I really think Alexa should add this feature of triggering other smart switches with a spare smart switch module that’s available in say the lounge smart switch. Will certainly be 5 stars once this facility is added.
Happy life,Happy Alexa!
I bought the original Echo Dot a couple of years ago and recently moved house and bought the new one with the clock face. Original lives in the living room and newbie is on my bedside table. I love just speaking to Alexa to hearing my podcasts, music and to answer my random questions! Setting alarms and reminders is so easy but sometimes you have to shout at Alexa 3/4 times before it works for you. Also if at bedtime I ask it to play something for a set time it will tell me that my music/audiobook/podcast is “playing now”. Very frustrating. It is a minor gripe though.
Where I live now we’re having a bit of a heatwave and we can all hear each other shouting “ALEXA….” which is so funny. My next door neighbour and I share the same taste in music so we just put original Alexa between our front doors and play our music and sunbathe which our gorgeous view of the lake. It’s so quiet and peaceful at the front and chaos with 6/7 echo devices playing and everyone turning their own louder then the other person goes louder and it’s madness. Instead we are peacefully enjoying our tunes and relaxing with no other noise. Highly recommend getting one to anyone who doesn’t already have it and I’ll probably be buying another for my guest room!! Love it!
Great app - locally. Awful remotely.
I use the app to control various devices in the house & make groups etc. if I’m at home on WiFi, I can load everything up immediately. If I’m remote on WiFi or 4g I’m constantly having to refresh, close fully, then reopen, update if needed, and so on just to get it to show me what’s online, what’s playing etc. and even then it’s hit and miss.
When I go out I put the echos and dots on for the dogs to have a little background noise. I have thin windows so they can hear everything. But when the speakers play it calms them and covers these noises. Great! However, sometimes the stations playing can go off or there may be an error and a quick change in station resolves that… when I’m home!! I can’t properly monitor from afar to make sure everything is still playing as it should be.
9/10 it will tell me it cannot load and to refresh the app! So should it go off the dogs can hear everything and will bark. Tempted to go back to a standard DAB if this app doesn’t get sorted! I don’t get why it doesn’t want to work from afar. Any internet connection should be enough to dial back into my home network. I never have an issue with my cameras so not sure why I constantly have issues with Alexa
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 439.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-present Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.