Use the Amazon Alexa app to manage Alexa-enabled devices, control music playback, view shopping lists on the go, keep track of upcoming reminders, check on active timers and much more. When you enable hands free with Alexa, you can talk to Alexa by simply saying “Alexa” when the app is on your screen. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANISE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse) and all of the terms found here (www.amazon.co.uk/alexaterms). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice).
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased an echo to see if it would be easier for me to play my music, make calls and check on things and to my surprise, this device has surpassed my expectations. It’s absolutely brilliant and I’m in my sixties (no spring chicken or tech wizz here lol) and set it up quite easily. I was that impressed I ordered another echo and an echo dot so have it in a few rooms and got it to control the tv (via fire stick) so now it’s a lot easier (no trying to navigate channels etc) to find what I’m looking for. An extra bonus which my family like is I can call them for help on the phone and even from room to room in case I fall or am taken ill. Oh yes, I can now listen to the sound of the sea as I drift off to sleep which is amazing as I live in the countryside and used to have problems sleeping .... not anymore with Alexa in the room :) I highly recommend this product .... especially for anyone who is disabled like me.
Love the hardware, hate the app.
I’m up to 9 devices now including the Echo sub and 4K fire stick and can’t fault any of them (the sub being my absolute favourite addition), but wow this app needs a serious overhaul. I just don’t understand how the company with literally ALL the money haven’t got a super slick app by now. Nine times out of ten I have to close this app down as it gets all confused with commands and then spits its dummy out and becomes unresponsive like a toddler lying on the floor in Asda having a meltdown because it can’t have some sweets.
It takes 4 clicks to get to the section where you can adjust the bass, treble and mid which is at least two too many in my opinion, then you have to do that for each individual device which, when you have quite a few devices, becomes tedious at best. Why not have them all in one place on one screen so you can get the sound just right? And why the bass, treble and mid are in a different order on some devices compared to others is a bit of a mystery too.
This app is probably fine if you have one or two devices, but for a company that wants you to buy into their complete eco system and fill your house with their hardware they really need to re-design this app from the ground up because it lets them down big time.
Alexa changed my life
So I got a Dot for £20 with a Argos deal without really knowing what it could do apart from ask the weather etc.
My word 2 weeks later and what a surprise! Alexa is now fully integrated with my Hive and other smart plugs, I now have a fully automated house.
“Alexa I’m going to bed “ she responds with “Goodnight, don’t forget to check the door is locked, I will switch off downstairs and heating and switch on your bedroom light” Amazing
she also has many other routines set up that make my life easier, including morning routines to switch on the heating and boil the kettle, read me the news and weather.
Unfortunately I got hooked and now have 6 Dots around the house with a couple more planned next time they’re on a deal.
You might think all this would be difficult but you’d be wrong, I’m a pensioner and had all this up and running within an hour, so easy and idiot proof.
The list of skills is endless but I particularly like Guard dog and deter burglars which gives me real security. Also where’s my parcel is great.
If you have an elderly or vulnerable person you worry about, buy 2 and “drop in” on their Dot for a 2 way conversation or to listen in if they’re up and about and ok.
Anyway better bring this to a close otherwise I could go on and on about the benefits.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 379.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-present Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.