Ambify - turns music into light using Philips Hue Smart Bulbs.
Ambify - the Hue enabled jukebox turns music into light using Philips Hue Smart Bulbs.
Being the first of it's kind, Ambify combines the simplicity of a jukebox with the endless new possibilities offered by Philips' Hue System.
It's a s simple as starting the app, selecting your lamps and choosing a playlist.
Ambify then applies our nifty algorithms to analyse and visualise your music in real-time using the lamps you've previously selected.
Here's a short overview:
* Beautifully designed music player
* Universal - looks great on iPhone and iPad
* Access music in your iPod library
* Real-world music visualizer using Philips' Hue
* Just works - smart algorithms adapt to your music
* FX Section - tweak visualizer settings as you like
* AirPlay - use the visualizer while sending music to an AppleTV or other AirPlay device - no problem!
* Color Themes - create different color themes for different types of music
* a Philips Hue starter-kit (or advanced setup) is required for music visualisation
* Ambify works best with the following devices:
iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini
iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ or iPodTouch 5thGen
Older devices may be too slow for Ambify to work correctly.
Disclaimer: Ambify is not affiliated with or endorsed by Philips in any way.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Improved light effects and a new auto mode
- iPhone X support
- Updated to iOS11 and fixed various UI issues and glitches
Ratings and Reviews
This app is in desperate need of Apple Music. It's pointless to me without it and I'm now stuck with an app I paid for which I can't use. It was great before Apple Music
Ok for iTunes library.
This App worked beautifully for a while after install, you can customise it to 'flash' all your lights more or less in sync with music (not perfect by any means but close enough for me) or have it 'cycle' which I definitely preferred less harsh.
But I then tried to get it to randomise a play list and it basically stopped working only playing one track then stopping. So my advice if your looking to simply impress a guest with some nice colour ambience and a few tunes after dinner it's fine... but for streaming or perfectionists then try something more sophisticated!
Synology Audio Station Support Please
I should have read all the reviews before purchasing.
I don’t use iTunes for my music and I certainly wouldn’t want to use my iPhone as my music device.
I play music from my Synology NAS, using Audio Station app on iPhone, iPad or iPod, and stream to various Airstream devices.
If Kai added general music streaming support to this app, more people could use the fruits of his labour, increasing his revenue.
The developer, Kai Aras, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kai Aras
- 21.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2017 Kai Aras
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.