AmpKit+ transforms your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
The paid AmpKit+ app includes 4 amps and matching cabinets, 10 pedals and 8 mics at less than half price.
• Ampkit Link, Ampkit Link HD (available on Amazon.com)
• Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
• iRig, iRig HD
"I found AmpKit+, the full version of the app, the easiest, most versatile and the best value, especially on an iPad."
- New York Times
"AmpKit is the star of the show... extremely intuitive user interface, plenty of amps and pedals, great sound."
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with mixing and non-destructive re-amping
• Upload sessions to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and others
• Records sharing via SoundCloud, AirDrop, Copy-Paste, iMessage and email
• Ultra-low latency, virtually undetectable
• FREE Tuner and Metronome featuring technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Works with virtually all headset and dock guitar interfaces
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• renamed some amps, cabs and pedals
Ratings and Reviews
Great Clean Amp Sound
Too many virtual amps sell themselves on their overdriven and distorted tones, but are let down by weak and raspy clean tones. However, this baby really delivers some beautiful, full-bodied clean amp tones as well as the other overdriven stuff. In particular, I could play my Gibson through the emulation of the Peavey Valve King on its clean setting all day. It is the next best thing to plugging it into a nice clean real Fender valve amp.
There are some other interesting items, like the Fender Acoustasonic. It would be nice if there were more reverb and tape echo emulations (Roland Space Echo) with more controls on them. Perhaps an emulation of an Orange and Ampeg guitar amp would be nice.
The tones I have been able to extract from this app are good, and the level of functionality is generally very good, but There are two major issues;
1) The price. The application itself is a reasonable price, but the in app purchases are too expensive.
2) The incessant screeching. This is a huge issue for me. I use good quality headphones and guitar cables, so it is not the equipment I use. It is not possible to have a preset with anything more than a low level of gain (think Sunshine of Your Love) and not get an annoying screech. The app warns of the possibility if feedback when playing at high volumes through headphones, but this is not feedback, it is a screech due to poor execution. This is not acceptable, and makes the app almost completely unusable, hence the 2 star rating.
If the screeching issue is resolved, then I will gladly revise this review as this app has the potential to be great.
I had purchased every pack (the big everything bundle) ages ago (like maybe five iPhones back) and was supposed to get every new piece of kit included. I couldn’t find any ‘restore previous purchases’ button so clicked on the bundle to install it as AppStore gives message saying ‘you have previously paid for this and will be downloaded for free’ normally and then downloads your items, but it didn’t. It just changed another £40 nearly four what I had already had in the past. Why is there no restore feature in the settings? Makes no sense. Not happy
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
- 223.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- D-Delay Pedal £4.99
- American Acoustic Amp £4.99
- Mountain Blue Pedal £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.