Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
• Updated Audiobus SDK to v3.0.10
• Improvements to handling MIDI ports with non-ASCII characters
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been using this app since it was introduced and apart from the odd bug here and there, it has been one of the top apps on my iPad.
It is a first class rendition of the Moog analog synthesisers, that changed the way we hear music. It also follows Bob Moog's belief that music should be as accessible as possible and always open to experimentation.
The interface is very well designed, thoughtfully laid out and mirrors both the Moog companies attention to detail as well as a good understanding of the iPad's touch interface.
For all the tweakers out there, this app has more than enough options to keep you happy. For anyone in the music world who hasn't tried this yet, I can't recommend it highly enough. I've got many synths that are truly outstanding apps, but this one is my favourite.
It's always a pleasure to use and makes it fun finding new soundscapes that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Finally, what are you waiting for...go buy it.
Unliked so many other developers you continue to support music production with Animoog through the years and withstanding the challenges of firmware avalanche and advancement within the Apple environment . That means so much to me as I suspect it means to others ... thank you 🙏
And so it is that this excellent and sustained support continues for this marvellous instrument, in a disposable world where in one day your App and next day you are silent 🐫
I’ve had Animoog now for around 5 years and it’s absolutely brilliant. I haven’t found a better synth for the iPad in terms of sound and just pure exciting playability, however, it could benefit from a search function as it’s sometimes a pain to trawl through all those voices to find a specific one. And some new expansion packs would be great. 10/10
- Moog Music Inc.
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- BASE Pack
- Devine Expansion Pack £3.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.