AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
- Support for adding images drawn with the Apple Pencil to your cards.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Fixed an issue that could cause network timeouts.
- Improvements to the deck statistics.
- Fixed an issue where undoing cards could cause a syncing error.
- Various other bugfixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful but expensive
This app is one of the most useful things I’ve come across in my education. The retrieval practice algorithm is extremely helpful in helping me remember the information I need to know for my exams in order to succeed. However at 24 pound it is extremely expensive so I would only advise buying it if you’re going to be using it regularly. If you’re in doubts about spending the money on it, ask yourself this. Would you spend 24 pound on a pair of shoes or a video game? The likely answer is yes. So why not spend 24 pound in bettering your education so you can achieve the grades that you know you are capable of.
Best app for university in the AppStore
This app is phenomenal, I Was president at first but after reading some reviews I decided to take the plunge and spend at the time what I thought was a large pricetag, After five exams and over three months use, Taking into consideration the free data storage that the app provides, the cross platform, and for multitude of plug-ins, I can confidently say this is the best app I have ever bought and I would gladly pay £100 with this purely. I can’t say enough good stuff about this I’ve recommended it to a least 20 people
If the creator/developer reads this you’ve done a fantastic job be proud of your work thank you
This helped me memorise 75 short answer questions and answers two days before an exam which comprised of 3500 words on a 15 page Word document and single-handedly saved my grade
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words, and all the best in your studies :-)
Amazing for RTK (Japanese)
I use it for Heisig’s ‘Remembering the Kanji’ method for learning Japanese. So useful how you can pick it up for 5 or 10 mins and it syncs across devices and automatically works out which cards you need to see more often.
One thing that could be a massive improvement is the ability to make the bottom bar (good / easy / again) even bigger or a custom size - on full screen iPhone devices (iPhone 10 or later) it can be quite awkward to hit the buttons with your thumb as the bottom of the screen is low. An ‘extra huge’ or custom size would be great to save my thumbs from RSI!!
- Ankitects Pty Ltd
- 30.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ankitects Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.