Get a second mobile number on any UK network without the need for a second SIM, Phone or Contract
Want to stop carrying two phones?
Want to avoid using your personal phone for work calls?
Get Another Number
Another Number is designed to work like any other mobile number. Depending on the plan selected, you can make & receive calls via the app using your mobile network and mobile data
WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER NUMBER?
• You don’t want to carry a second phone
• You can’t find a dual-SIM that suits you
• You would like to avoid the hassle and admin of a second contract
• You don’t like giving your personal number to work contacts
• You want to easily identify work calls
• Time with family and friends is often interrupted by work
• You are looking to improve your work-life balance
HOW ANOTHER NUMBER WORKS
• A second mobile number for work on your current smartphone
• No second SIM, Phone or Contract, just the app
• Monthly subscription with no ties
• You can keep your personal number private
• Control when you receive work calls and messages
• Reliable service uses the mobile network and/or mobile data
• Texts are sent & received by the app using mobile data
• Port your existing work number to Another Number
• The virtual switchboard allows you to control your work calls and messages:
Record and manage multiple voicemail greetings
Switch off, in the evenings, weekends and holidays with the Do Not Disturb setting
Send callers directly to voicemail
Automate voice and message greetings to inform work contacts when you’ll respond
• Set a separate ring tone for work calls so you answer them professionally
• Calls for work are displayed as “via Another Number”
• All work conversations (calls & texts) are grouped by contact
• Visual voicemail displays all missed calls so you don’t need to dial in to hear messages
Another Number for £9.99 a month:
• Works like any other mobile number - calls made & received via the app using the mobile network and/or mobile data
• Includes calls and texts to standard UK mobile & landline numbers
Another Number Lite for £4.99 a month:
• Calls are made and received via the app using your mobile data
• Pay as you go (PAYG) call and text standard UK mobile & landline numbers with in-app credit bundles
• A credit is used for a minute of calling or sending one text & costs as little as 3.7p depending on bundle purchased
• Choose this plan if you usually have WiFi and/or a good mobile data connection and you don’t mind calls going to visual voicemail if you don’t
Both subscriptions include:
• A separate UK mobile number
• Your number to keep as long as you subscribe
• Calls & messages to Another Number subscribers
• Transcription of all voicemails displayed in the app
• 'Do not disturb' setting and custom greetings
Mobile data includes 5G, 4G, 3G & WiFi
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscription in iTunes after purchase
When you are in the UK and keep within your mobile phone operator’s call minute and data allowance you should not see any additional charges for use of Another Number from your mobile operator. If you exceed your allowances, then charges are according to your mobile operator plan
When roaming abroad, you may incur additional charges according to your mobile phone operator’s call minute and data roaming charges. Please confirm this with your mobile operator
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch:
Further call handling tweaks to better improve your calling experience
Refinements made to Team Sign Up's
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An initial problem resolved by the Helpdesk.
When I first signed up there was a problem with the payment being taken by Apple App Store. So the app wouldn’t load. Initially tried to delete and reload the app, nothing seemed to work, very frustrated therefore. I reported it to the developer who were very quick to communicate and they then helped get it sorted. The app itself was easy to set up as a second line with a second voicemail message. So I can’t give 5 stars because there was the initial problem but that wasn’t the fault of the app or the developer.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're very glad to have helped resolve the problem you were experiencing. Thank you so much for your review!
Great App if you need a 2nd Number!
As a frontline Paramedic I used find myself using my own phone to make calls whilst at work. This could be calling GP surgeries to make an appointment for a patient or calling and speaking to a patients next of kin. I would usually withhold my caller ID however sometimes in the heat of the moment I would forget and other times I will need someone to call me back.
Over the last few months I have been using Another Number app and it has completely solved all of these problems! I can now not only protect my personal number but I can also receive calls back as well. I have also made use of the facility to record a personalised answerphone message related to my role. It quite literally gives me all the functionality of having a secondary work phone without the hassle of carrying and charging two phones and the ease of using a device your used too.
The app is easy and intuitive to use. I really like the fact the app comes with a separate address book which I have used to have my work related contacts in. I can now quickly find the right number and call out as easily as when using my normal phone functions. I did think that it might be clunky and difficult to use but it’s the exact opposite.
I would highly recommend this service to anyone who has the need for a work phone/ number but would rather only use one device. It’s something I plan to continue using into the future and have recommended to my colleagues.
Developer Response ,
Hi, just wanted to say thank you very much for your lovely feedback, we had relayed this back to the team and they are ecstatic! We hope you continue enjoying the service and if you ever need help on anything, please don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Exactly what I needed
So happy for this app. I was in the trap of having mingled my work and personal phone. Each call was a coin toss on which side of my life it might relate to, which caused me to filter by voicemails and then deal with the hassle of calling selected few back. I was literally creating more work for myself...
Glad to be able to finally know the difference with carrying two phones. Being a bloke, pocket space is limited with the cultural luxury of being able to carry a handbag. And the best part - I can switch off the business calls at night without needing to do the same for personal ones!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such a great review, it's very much appreciated!
- Thumbtel Ltd
- 84.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Thumbtel Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Another Number LITE £4.99
- Another Number £9.99
- 60 AN Credits £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.