A guide to the birds, seals, dolphins and whales likely to be encountered on a voyage to the Antarctic Peninsula, The Falkland Islands and South Georgia. The area covered includes Ushuaia & Beagle Channel, the Drake Passage, the Antarctic Peninsula, the South Shetland Islands, South Orkney Islands, the Falkland Islands, and South Georgia.
● Universal app (works on BOTH iPhone and iPad)
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● More than 110 Species found in the region covering birds, seals, dolphins (toothed whales) and whales (baleen whales).
● Almost 700 images.
● You can select a region, so that only the species found in that region are displayed.
● “Compare” allows you to compare two species side by side on the same screen.
● Bird Smart Search lets you easily find a species using a combination of habitat, physical features, colour, bird type and size.
● A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device* and can be exported using email.
● View the Index in English or Scientific names.
*Uninstalling the app will result in the loss of your list. It is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the program.
Updated species data and added a few species.
Updated look and feel of app.
Fixed some bugs.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.