"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Here's a good ol' bug fix update that address some annoying things before 1.7.
- Fixed bug around video playback (video wouldn't show up sometimes or would just be audio)
- Fixed bug where occasionally there could be a weird mix of light mode and dark mode at the same time
- Fixed bug where some GIF playback wouldn't properly load
- Fixed bug where opening Apollo from a notification wouldn't always load the proper notification item (comment, post, etc.)
- Fixed bug where Apollo wouldn't always open properly from other apps
- Fixed bug where some Reddit hosted images/videos wouldn't load properly
- Fixed bug where sometimes when rotating a GIF in the media viewer would make it disappear (dang spooky Halloween bugs)
- GIFs load even faster and more play inline (also better detects if a Reddit "video" doesn't actually have an audio track so it will just treat it like a GIF)
- Fixed bug where multi-window support wouldn't always work on iPad
- Fixed bug where if the original poster deleted their account it would look like every deleted comment was from the original poster
- Entering subreddits in the Jump Bar now properly disallows spaces and will automatically remove them if you, say, copy-paste or use the new QuickPath keyboard
- Fixed bug where when dictating comments there could be a weird [OBJ] character that showed up (theory: ghosts of Objective-C angry that I'm using Swift?)
- Fixed bug where when rotating in the media viewer the bottom gradient would sometimes creep across the screen weirdly
- Fixed bug where there could be weird spacing in text posts with a bunch of image uploads
- Fixed bug where in the last update the video player didn't have all of its cool features/options
1.7 is right on the horizon woohoo! :D Can't wait to show it to y'all and thank you as always for being amazing and supportive!
Ratings and Reviews
You have an iPhone, why aren’t you using Apollo?
Simply put, Apollo is the best Reddit experience you can get on an iPhone, one that is thoughtfully designed from the ground up by an ex-Apple developer who has done and excellent job in making Apollo feel like it has “Designed by Apple in California” written on the back of it.
The base app is free, and unlike many “free” apps, it is not deliberately crippled to force its users to shell out for the pro version to have an enjoyable experience. Try it out, you have nothing to lose.
It took me a few months of flipping back and forth between Apollo and the official Reddit app (RIP Alien blue) but I’ve come to love Apollo and it stands out as the superior reddit app in every single regard.
So thank you to Christian, the one man band behind this wonderful app, thank you for putting your users first and being transparent with the development of Apollo every step of the way, you set the benchmark for good consumer practices in a world where screwing your install base for every nickel and dime has become standard operating procedure.
Best reddit client - surpasses the Alien Blue “gold standard”
All the updates and features that have been added since I first started using Apollo (must be a couple of years now) have made it match up to and even surpass the Alien Blue client I had been using up to that point which was considered the gold standard for iOS reddit clients (AB sadly got bought out by reddit itself and oversimplified the official app). I can’t recommend this app enough to any redditor who wants a better experience than the native app.
Super transparent dev too, tells you exactly what you’re paying for, great info about features and changelog and very active.
Keep it up!
Best Reddit app by a Country mile.
This app is by far and away the best Reddit app of them all. The interface is so clean and easy to navigate around.
The app developer is always very forthcoming with updates and was one of the first to update their app to make use of the iPhone XS Max larger and high resolution screen, whereas other apps on my phone had not been updated (and some still haven’t).
The only thing that was lacking on this app was the push notifications feature. But I’m glad to say that with the latest update and an Ultra subscription you now get push notifications (along with other features) for a small fee. The asking price for the Ultra subscription is very reasonable and it’s well worth paying it to get the push notifications feature along with all the other features and also to help develop the app further into the future.
The developer should be proud of themselves for developing such a professional and useful app.
Well done developer 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
- Christian Selig
- 95.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Christian Selig 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro £3.99
- Apollo Pro £5.99
- Apollo Pro £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.