Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to or play
• Control the film, TV programme or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select film chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified gaming controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio and captions selection for films and TV programmes, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Such a basic Apple app should be better
Remote sort of does what is says - a remote for you Apple TV etc.
However, it’s let down by a number of bugs or UX issues which should have been addressed.
- App freeze following sleep of device. This is new for me so might have been a recent ‘update’ but affects both my iOS devices.
- Latency. Just takes too long to carry out a task.
- Accuracy. Swipe and press should make things easier - you know, click anywhere and it’ll just work. Reality is that swiping either hops over multiple tiles or options and is really quite difficult to control.
For something that needs to be absolutely spot on, it’s disappointing when used.
Brilliant app, I can’t understand all the negative reviews.
After reading the reviews I was unsure if I should get this app.
I am so glad that I did. It works perfectly and is brilliant. I can now use my Apple 4K TV as easily and as quickly as I use my iPad Pro.
The app looks very basic, but it is not.
Just make sure you use the space above the controls, like you would a touchscreen. Move your finger or stylus around the screen to navigate around the menus. Tap the screen to enter or exit a menu. When you go into search, the keyboard pops up instantly to use. Tap the screen when you have finished typing on the keyboard.
Ignore the reviews that say you can’t turn on your Apple 4K TV with the app, because you can. If you have more than one Apple 4K TV, then select the one you are using from the menu in the top left corner.
The remote app greatly speeds up navigating around the Apple 4K TV. Using the keyboard makes searching for films, music, apps and TV programs etc, a LOT faster and easier. It also makes watching films a lot easier. You can play, pause, skip forward or skip backwards 10sec at a time, and skip to any chapter in a film. Get film info easily and see how much of the film you have watched and what is remaining.
I could tell you a lot more, but this review is already becoming more like a book than a review. 😀
The app itself makes EVERYTHING faster and easier. Brilliant!
Easy 5 stars and highly recommended!
It’s not working when you need it
I am using this app nearly a year, had so many issues, like app was frizzing you couldn’t type or control the apple tv.
When your apple tv is on sleep mode you can’t turn on with the app. After you turn on the tv by remote, then starts to pare.
Many times happen when you can’t pare them at all, it keeps saying you need to be connected with same wi-fi as your apple tv, but I was connected.
Unfortunately this issues are happening to often, otherwise the app is great.
- Apple Distribution International
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.