The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
- [Bugfix] Found a bug affected the sonic character which was inserted in version 1.0.4. This has been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Great sound, poor midi
This is an amazing synth. One of the best in my ios collection. However the midi is temperamental to say the least. Adjusting the tempo is equally painful. The app also fails to show up in the midi instrument list of Audiobus 3 as other apps do. In fact, it happens to all my Korg apps. Sort this out and I will give it 5 stars.
It sounds great but..
The controls are too small to adjust parameters precisely.
I cannot find midi implementation chart, not in manual and can not find on website.
It really needs finer control on user interface of oscillator pitches and filter.
There’s loads of room on screen. Either have “pop up bigger” sliders or do some maths on distance finger moves, rather than a 1:1 finger move distance to value ratio, half it. Or a zoomable interface.. or additional pages with bigger sliders.. the mini keys waste space, there’s a bigger pop up key board.. this seems stupid.
Every single slider could be at lest twice the current size if both keyboards dropped out. Style over function is the problem.
Fantastic sound modelling, but poor user interface if you like to program sounds.
and there’s no clock sync.
Please fix clock
This synth sounds great I use it as a note pad for my ark desktop version but to use this version well with a daw you need the clock to function come on korg you need to address
This I love korg stuff so I'm still won't be hard as it sounds fantastic.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KORG INC.
- 232.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 KORG INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Odyssey Rev1 £4.49
- Odyssey Rev2 £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.