*** Play from Home - Limited Free Edition ***
ArtTale at The Wallace Collection presents:
The Magic Horn
An educational interactive adventure developed with children for children.
Has an artwork ever COME TO LIFE and spoken to you? Join the secret Order of the Horn and come on a magical quest exploring the paintings, sculptures and objects of the Wallace Collection.
- Prove your knightly prowess to the Laughing Cavalier
- Crack the mystery coded note with the help of Madame de Pompadour
- Find out what the Mirror really thinks of the fair lady
A two-part interactive game:
Part I – “Where is the Horn?” (approx. 40 mins)
Cornelius, guardian of the spirit world, seeks your help! Someone has stolen and blown the Magic Horn and its blasts threaten the safety of Ghostland. Locate the Horn with the help of King Louis 15th, the ferocious armoured knights and more…
Part II – “Who can Blow the Horn?” (approx. 30 mins)
You’ve successfully found the Horn and become a Companion-at-Arms in the Order of the Horn! Now for your full knighthood, you must find someone in the museum collection who is pure of heart and who can blow the Horn to restore order to the kingdom…
* An imaginative adventure that inspires children within the museum to explore, look, think and play
* Artworks come to life with specially created animations
* Clues, codes, riddles and puzzles engage children and help them to solve the mystery
* Treasure hunt features where children can add ‘found’ objects from the museum into their virtual hunting box
* Get tips and hints along the way from wise old Cornelius, guardian of Ghostland, and his trusty owl
* Encourages children to look and learn, identifying characters and objects within artworks
* Gain or lose points as you progress through the game
* Acquire knightly experience by helping struggling heroes and heroines from artworks in the museum collection
* Solve each of the challenges to save the kingdom of Ghostland and restore order to the realm!
Every artwork has a tale to tell…
Artale creates inspiring educational digital games for children based on the collections of the world's best museums, transforming the traditional gallery tour into a magical adventure for the 21st century.
Find out more at http://artale.co.uk/
- You are now able to play the Magic Horn from home
- We added a special worksheet that enables your kids to write their own stories inspired by work of arts
Ratings and Reviews
What a lovely app! My grandchild adored playing it and even learned something about art. I would really recommend this.
It's a brave move for a museum to develop an app but I think in the main that it works well. The activities are quite similar but this might not be an issue for young ones. I like to approach of studying the details of each painting and the animations are fun too. Hope they will develop new levels in the future to get the most out of this platform.
While entertaining enough, the games were a little repetitive, it lagged a lot, and I had to restart the app twice because of bugs. However the voice acting was fun, and the art style was pleasing. So overall, a good game to make a museum trip a little more exciting.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.