Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides. With 2 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America.
Audubon Bird Guide: Owls is a fun-filled, interactive guide to the 19 owl species of North America. Featuring everything you need to know about owls, the app goes in-depth with species descriptions, audio of calls, range maps, up-to-date reference material and much more. Audubon Owls also includes games, puzzles, quizzes, and videos, with a special video, Owl in the Vineyard, all designed to enhance and test your knowledge of one of the most intriguing bird species on earth.
• In-depth descriptions of every North American Owl, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior and more.
• Owl songs and calls for every audible owl in North America
• High-quality professional photographs depicting each species in their natural habitat
• Range Maps
• Puzzles, quizzes, and videos to in increase your owl knowledge
• Video with intriguing owl info plus great owl footage
• Identify a sighting with unprecedented accuracy. Search for an owl using multiple variables including wing shape, locomotion, song type, and song pattern. Also search by size, region, color, and more.
• Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Navigate the app with ease thanks to an advanced and intuitive interface.
• Sync on demand to update new species information as it is added to our database, including photos, range maps, bird songs and calls, more
• Use the app on your iPhone or iTouch anywhere, anytime. No internet connection necessary.
• Join our online community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts
• Interact, post and share sightings, photos, tips, opinions and more
• Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photography of birds and other species. You can contact us directly by selecting "Feedback" in the "More" section of the application.
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of interactive digital field guides that combine mobile technology with the National Audubon Society’s vast library of information on North American wildlife. For more information, please visit www.audubon.org/apps.
About the Developer:
The National Audubon Society saves birds and their habitats throughout the Americas using science, advocacy, education and on-the-ground conservation. Audubon's state programs, nature centers, chapters and partners have an unparalleled wingspan that reaches millions of people each year to inform, inspire and unite diverse communities in conservation action. Since 1905, Audubon's vision has been a world in which people and wildlife thrive. Audubon is a nonprofit conservation organization. Learn more at www.audubon.org and @audubonsociety.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
-Improved sharing to Facebook
-New Locations added to My Birding Locations
Ratings and Reviews
I love owls, me. Great fun, quizzes, puzzles, pictures, noises and writing on birds. Really good, would recommend to anyone that likes animals.
I keep owls myself I really like this app shame there not more on owls.
Oh Dear, what's happened to this app ???
I downloaded this last month and it WAS great like Audubon's Birds of North America tht I purchased in 2014.
Now I have updated my iPad to ios 9.1 and............ Disaster !!!!!
It seems now that I can only see the Owl photos and sounds when connected to the Internet ??
( my Audubon North American Birds is similarly affected)
I have a few other birding apps; Waites, Nat Geo, Merlin, iBird.
They, so far, seem ok, so why are Audubon's affected ?
( Also my Audubon Mammals app is ok ? )
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.