AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
- AUv3: fix backwards compatibility for LoadPreset MIDI actions
- Add switch-to-AUM MIDI control (experimental!)
- Add switch-to-IAA MIDI control
- Various minor fixes and improvements to avoid rare crashes
- Work around iOS bug that made pointer device left-click not work on node menu button
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
AUM is the landscape everything else happens in
Whatever music you make, AUM is *the* essential app for making it on IOS. Used to traditional DAWs, e.g. Cubasis, (which AUM seamlessly integrates with, btw), at first I didn't get why I needed this. But I find those DAWS more or less force you into thinking verse chorus, drum loop etc... Fine if EDM or singer songwriter is your thing but...
...These days, my hardware and PC DAW lie neglected and almost all my creation takes place inside AUM, on an IPad Air 2018. AUM's simplicity and flexibility as a host for IAA and AUv3 apps, for patching and routing audio and midi signals, and especially it's ability to record and loop in-app or external audio from anything, to pull in clips from AudioShare and even weird soft 'toy' apps like Dr. Om which are hard to use musically otherwise enable thinking outside of the box for both song structure peeps and people (like me) more comfortable with experimental, ambient flows. Match it up with Photon AU and/or Atom MIDI recorders and something like Quantum or Xequence to generate capture MIDI on the fly and you can dial up your own bespoke DAW, channel by channel, a veritable one-stop-shop studio on a tablet. Superb.
I'm just hoping for an in-AUM Cubasis style channel automation and snapshot state saving update, and then AUM will be perfect.
Almost a must have.
If youre happy working entirely in cubasis or nanostudio or any other such DAW.. or maybe you just play with a synth, you might not need this.
But.. if like many ios musicians you like jamming, running a few apps together, routing midi around and using various effects all at once.. you need Audiobus. Its a stable host, will record itself in a synced manner, it has syncable audiofile players (think long or short loops or one shots.. however you like.. also midi triggerable).
It saves its session state.. its a capable production workstation with the right choice of apps.
I'll sequence different synths with Drambo or Digikeys, add eq and effect each synth, use some fx busses etc.
Pure Acid runs on multiple outs in this.
Its the closest thing to having a hardware mixer and midi hub to connect all your virtual dynths together.
The faders and other functions are midi mapable, making it automatable, but its still indispensible for me when used in a simple manner.. just maybe running a synth and a drum machine for a quick jam.
It does auv3 and iaa.. its terrific.
Always the first app I open when I start any session. Incredibly simple to use, totally reliable and a perfect platform for any kind of musical connection. This app is so useful and a such an ideal blank palette for experimentation that if I were to lose 80% of my music apps, as long as I could still use AUM, I'd consider it a fair trade! Literally the only app on the appstore that I would unreservedly say, 'just buy it', regardless of what music / noise you wish to make. The recent February 2019 updates made it even more user useful and I reckon this app is going to get better and better. Much love!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.