Auria - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Auria is a mobile music production system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSPAudioware and Drumagog (optional purchases), AAF support and more, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio tracks
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• AudioUnit (AUx) and Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
iPad 4 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models
iOS 7 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Fixed crashing issue when using on-screen keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
Not Ready Yet
This is a great app with a whole heap of potential; however, it's not ready for this medium yet. It crashes all the time due to the amount of power it needs even when you freeze most tracks that you are not using. It's hard to work with one track even when 6-8 tracks are frozen. I can't imagine trying 48. Much of the time, it accuses you the IPad of having too many programmes open when anyone who knows the IPad and how it uses power knows that IPads don't work that way. It's just this programme using too much power.
In time, I'm pretty sure that this programme will come to be as synonymous with music production as Logic, Cubase or Lemur - which is light years ahead. But, there is a way to go on the power consumption and what is available to it for use.
If you are used to using Logic or any of the other plethora of PC or laptop based programmes, you will be at least annoyed with the programme at this early stage and at most disappointed that you can't do everything that you wish you could on some of the more stable and less power consuming mediums.
Nearly great but there are bugs
I've been using Auria for about 2 years and upgraded to the pro version so have fair amount of experience using it. Was excited to use the MIDI functions but as it stands it's unpredictable and find that midi tracks become corrupted. I've tried to get the dev to tackle the issues but hasn't been able to fix what is wrong. If you are just using for audio only then it works OK but crashes are still frequent though when hosting iaa. Not the best experience.
Update March 2017 still some got the same issues - it's frankly unusable in this state.
Update - reply to dev: I've have already detailed these issues on the forum over numerous posts and submitted bug reports with the problem projects (see user atoms4infants). Im using that the upgrade pro version and wonder if this may be a factor in the cause of these bugs.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about the trouble. We're happy to help you master Auria if you contact us on our active forum.
Recently purchased Auria as I wanted to try out Ipad music production. I have been used to using Sonar x3 and this app compares very favourably for me. I don’t use midi, so don’t mind the lack of it with this version but I understand a new version is coming out soon that has midi.
I can do all that I did on Sonar with this product and of course its all a lot more portable to record band members and complete all the mixing and mastering on the app. I am running it on an ipad 2 and have had no problems other than when I tried to do a little too much with a number of plugins and inter app audio to another mastering programme, but a quick restart sorted out the problem.
I can highly recommend this application as it has all the functionality you could want for straight forward recording, mixing and even some mastering, it works well, is easy to use and runs on older hardware so you can set up at minimal cost to try out ipad music production.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Auria Pro £21.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in £17.99
- Drumagog Add-on £17.99
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in £25.99
- THM Effect Plug-in £17.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on £4.99
- Video Import Add-On £4.49
- Rock Drum Kit £0.00
- Jazz Drum Kit £0.00
- C7 Grand Piano £0.00