Document based Encrypt-Decrypt
Optimized for macOS 12 Monterey. Native for both Intel Mac and Apple Silicon Mac
AutoCrypt, is an encryption/decryption app with a document based approach that can batch process a large quantity of files.
It lets you save in documents all the settings used to encrypt files, including which file to operate on, and reuse it at later time.
It can encrypt decrypt in 1 click
HOW IT WORKS
• In a click can encrypt hundred of files to a destination place.
• Sources file are kept unadulterated and encrypted one are saved in another folder
• Uses a powerful AES-256 CommonCrypt algorithm making all the encrypted files unreadable without the password.
• Obtained encrypted files can be transmitted or stored in unsafe places without security problems
• All settings used to encrypt the original files, are saved inside an AutoCrypt document.
• One click methods to encrypt frequently updated files.
• Password can be saved or not with the settings document depending of the purpose (remote security / local security)
• Encryption can be done at opening time for any setting documents for frequent encryption on a file set
• A setting documents can store an infinite list of files to encrypt
• Also the opposite process of decrypting can be totally automatic
• Can work as a desktop tool or as a batch utility
• Save inside documents all the setting used to encrypt and decrypt group of files
• Encrypt via AES-256 and save in a custom place with one click or even unattended
• Can encrypt and decrypt using the same document
• Encrypt and decrypt on document launch
• Accept input via drag and drops for an immediate and easy input
• Its fast and effective using multithreading technology
• Uses latest technology with asynchronous tasks to perform fast and fluid encryption and decryption
• Can use also Blowfish decryption for previous old archive compatibility
• Provides an embedded PDF manual
• Optimized for macOS 12 Monterey
• Optimized to work well in Light and Dark mode appearance
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
• Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
• Merge all documents in a window
• Full screen
• Open default document at startup
• Automatic resume
• Tags in finder
• Asynchronous tasks
Ratings and Reviews
AutoCrypt -It works Brilliantly
With so many apps claiming to be the best encryption apps out there I took to reading many reviews on the internet and found AutoCrypt was recommended by many in comparison to its peers.
It works simply, you can use the auto generated passwords or (like me) create your very own personal 24+ character password to encrypt your documents. My experience is it works flawlessly with any document type I encrypt. It quickly decrypts the files when you ask it to make them readable. It will store your passwords in separate documents or, if you can remember the password, you are not forced to save them - making it even safer to use.
All in all - it’s a great app, cheap, easy to use and keeps you feeling smug, knowing your key documents are encrypted and secure from any prying eyes either on your Apple computer or over the internet. Nice one.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Roberto Panetta
- 5.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Ecleti - Roberto Panetta
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.