To be able to read and provide accurate transcriptions of speech sounds is the most fundamental and yet most demanding task facing students of language and linguistics. This App has a unique interface for exploring the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
- Practice consonants and vowels with this fun and interatcive app.
- Clear graphic, audio and textual descriptions of speech sounds.
- Comprehensive coverage of the consonants, vowels and tonal symbols. Press on the symbols in the charts to see and hear them.
- Cross-section animations illustrate the articulations of the speech sounds.
Updated the app icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The most complete IPA app
It goes beyond English sounds, well illustrated with audio and explanation of all the terminology around phonetics.
An excellent and comprehensive app detailing the sounds of the world's languages so well. Well done, developer! Brilliant!
- Apps Resource Centre, Hong Kong Baptist University
- 90.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Resource Centre for Ubiquitous Learning & Integrated Pedagogy
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.