AVCHD to Mov Lite is a powerful free tool, designed to convert AVCHD, MTS, M2TS videos to popular video or audio formats.
After conversion, you can also play the completed files on popular devices (iMovie, FCPX, Premiere, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Tablette, AndroPhone, Apple TV, WD TV, ...)
1. Convert MTS to various formats. AVCHD to Mov Lite does well in converting MTS video files to popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, ...
2. Convert MTS to audio formats. Apart from video conversion, users can convert MTS to popular audio formats, like WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, AC3, OGG.
3. Support popular devices. AVCHD to Mov Lite keeps highly compatible with many popular devices, such as iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, Samsung, Motorola, Zune HD, Zune2, etc. So after conversion, users can enjoy the completed files on any of them.
4. Free forever. AVCHD to Mov Lite is a free tool, provides free conversion, and will be free forever.
5. Excellent quality and high speed. AVCHD to Mov Lite is professional in MTS conversion. Thus, don't worry about its output effect. It will not disappoint you. Moreover, you can complete the conversion task in a short time.
Support Output Formats and Devices : Convert HD MTS video and watch it on the go!
* Video: M2TS, MTS, TOD, HD MKV, HD H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HD MPEG-2, TS, TP, M2T, etc.
* Audio: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, M4A, etc
* Portable Player: iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PS3, Wii, Zune, Xbox, iRiver, BlackBerry, etc.
* HD Camcorder: Canon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Sanyo, Samsung, Casio, DXG, Kodak, etc.
Read more: AVCHD to Mov Lite - http://geranium-soft.com/products/free-avchd-to-mov
- macOS Mojave dark mode support
- Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
A real Life Saver
Bought a new Panasonic camcorder a couple of years ago and went away without really looking at the instructions. 3 week holiday in Northumberland and I got my Progressive and Interlaced mixed up. Managed to convert it to .MOV by shoving it through QuickTime Player but the results were jerky and not worth making into a memorable video of our holiday. Only option seemed to be to go back for another 3 weeks! 22Gb AVCHD file was stored and forgotten about UNTIL TODAY. Hunting through the App Store for something else I found this brilliant converter and tried it out, converted all the clips except those under 5 secs, which are most probably mistakes anyway, in about 10-15 minutes. I’ve quickly imported some into iMovie and the result is brilliant, no more jerky shots so now I can make our holiday movie after all. Thank you for a really useful app.
Needs an option to merge AVCHD chunks
On the basics of conversion, this seems like a great app. There are lots of options hidden away for those who like to manage the details, but don’t want to mess with an FFMPEG command line (because that’s what this app uses internally: ffmpeg). And for those who don’t, there’s a great selection of presets included that will be really useful for most people.
However, it’s missing a pretty basic feature for most users: joining the AVCHD’s MTS files into a single video file. Most cameras split movies into 2GB chunks so they work on a wider range of devices, but that’s a pain to organise on your Mac. This app will just convert these files as it finds them. At least having the option to do this seem pretty basic for an AVCHD converter.
Also, a word of warning for anyone relying on this to convert audio: if it’s using FFMPEG, then converting audio to AAC will be inferior to other tools which use Apple’s AAC encoder. FFMPEG is pretty good at everthing else, but still lags behind with AAC.
After having difficulty with several so called ‘free’ apps off the web I found this one - it did exactly what I wanted, first time, no messing, no mucking about. It didn’t limit its functionality. It didn’t ask me to sign up to anything, put in credit card details, register for the full version. I needed an app to convert an AVCHD so I could play it in a powerpoint, a very small file, under 2 minutes, this did it- no fuss, in seconds - all it asked was whteher I wanted to buy the premium version and if I could rate it, which I am happy to do.
- Fatima Malagouen
- 38.3 MB
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Geranium Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.