Why iPhones deserve Avira?
We’re a multi-award-winning German security company with +30 years of experience and a global vision: To keep people connected and secure in our digital world.
Avira loves iPhones. Your phone is state-of-the-art—give it privacy and security to match:
• Care about your Privacy? Keep your data safe and your online activity anonymous with our Free VPN
• Email leaked? Find out fast with Identity Safeguard
• Browsing online? Web Protection checks the safety of sites first
• Stolen phone? Recover it faster with Anti-Theft (phone locator and trigger siren)
Avira Mobile Security protects your phone:
• VPN: Secure your connection with a simple push of a button for complete privacy as you surf. When you use our VPN, all your data goes through a secure connection—so it can’t be intercepted or stolen. Plus, we use military-grade encryption to keep your data extra safe. The auto-secure function detects if your WiFi network is untrusted, and we promise our servers don’t save your log files.
• Web Protection: Like online shopping and banking? Do you store your credit card details online? This categorizes and blocks phishing, malware, spam, and fraud so you can browse freely and safely.
• Identity Safeguard: Find out if your email addresses have been hacked. Schedule the frequency (once a day/week/month), and we’ll automatically scan your email, and those of your contacts, to check whether they were leaked online in a security breach.
• Anti-Theft: Your iPhone is highly desirable. Find, track, and recover it if it’s lost or stolen. Lock apps to prevent unauthorized access, and remotely wipe your device. Tigger a loud yell to help locate it. Prompt whoever finds your device to contact you.
• Call Blocker: Create your own blacklist and block spam and other unwanted calls and texts.
• Contacts Backup: Easily back up and restore contacts straight from your phone and send them to your email, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
• Network Scanner: Discover all devices connected to your Wi-Fi
Avira Mobile Security lets nothing stand in the way of your iPhone’s awesomeness:
• Device Analyzer: View your iPhone’s use of storage and memory to see where you can make gains.
Avira Mobile Security keeps everything you do between you and your iPhone:
We constantly improve the security, stability, and speed of our products to give you the best experience in the market.
- Bug Fixes
We listen to your feedback to make Avira better for you. Rate us!
Ratings and Reviews
Good but can’t use password manager
I like this app and what it gives however despite paying for the Prime Mobile package I cannot use the password manager which should be available. It tells me that the pro version is required but already have that and it takes me to an upgrade screen which is rather pointless.
Buggy (paid for version) VPN not working corrected after reinstall
The free version’s good, as in: sufficient, enough. Paid version grants too much access to Avira, which is the crux of security software in gen. (Updated Jan 2021) - ... (previous comments 2020: mostly sorted by Avira) Verdict re purchased option to date: the free version is enough for iOS. - Bugs discovered so far: 1) ‘restoring purchase’ just keeps spinning ... 2) VPN does not kick in and keeps turning itself back off ... interference (!?) with their other VPN app (duh!? Only after uninstall with latest iOS and getting rid of their standalone VPN did it work) ... [3) do I really want to hand over all my data (address book and passwords) to an offsite/German company: Apple’s enough, methinks.] BUT: fix these niggles, and I might add another year’s worth of subscription ... bit more effort in writing for MacOS and iOS, please, esp. as your charging money, guys! - [Addendum post Avira-reply 26/7 Aug 2020: Thank you for your response! I gather it would also be an excellent idea to integrate in the Avira Security app unlimited VPN browsing with location check for an adequate, additional fee obviously. Kind regards - TDetDF]
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for this great and detailed feedback.
We are aware of the points you were talking about and are already working on a fix for the restore purchase and VPN connectivity bug.
Regarding the data concerns, I do understand your thoughts.
Nevertheless, we guarantee that your data is treated according to German GDPR laws which ensures that it is not shared with third-party companies.
Thank you for your understanding and loyalty.
Lack of customer support unless you have an account or Prime membership is absurd!!!
I love this app & have found it to be very user friendly & the performance in general is excellent, unfortunately lately I’ve had an issue with the VPN, I’ve tried to contact Avira through their website but unless you have an account or Prime membership this is impossible, I have the Pro version & I usually get 100mb of VPN usage per day, lately tho every time I try to use it I get the message “you’ve reached your daily limit”? I don’t understand how, I’ve never used it since this ongoing issue occurred, if I’m not using my daily limit who is, I’m baffled? Any ideas Avira, maybe your customer services can finally answer me here? This would normally have been a 5star review but this ongoing problem has me perplexed!
As I said tho it’s a great App if they can iron out the VPN issues!!!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Avira Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- 137.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
- In-App Purchases
- Identity & Web Protection £5.49
- Ultimate Security - Pro + VPN £22.49
- Pro: Identity & Web Protection £5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.