Your Avis car hire adventure starts here!
The Avis app makes booking short and long-term car hire and van hire easier than ever. Rent a car or van in just a few simple steps and it’ll be waiting for you in one of the 5,200 Avis locations across 165 countries. Use the app to sign up for our loyalty programme, Avis Preferred, and you’ll enjoy even more features and benefits.
JOIN AVIS PREFERRED
Become a member of our loyalty programme and enjoy access to the benefits of our priority car hire service straight away.
- Jump the queue at the rental station with pre-prepared paperwork
- Rental agreements stored in the app
- Future app and online bookings pre-populated
- Exclusive self-serve functionality*
- View your Avis Preferred tier status and benefits
- Track your car hire spend and rental history
- Add any rentals you booked when not signed in, and accrue further benefits
SELF SERVICE FUNCTIONALITY
Exclusive to Avis Preferred customers
- Choose the exact vehicle you want, change it or upgrade it as you approach a hire location
- Receive personalised, real time notifications so you can bypass the queue and go straight to your car, your keys will be waiting on the dashboard (at selected locations)
- Extend your rental period, without having to contact the rental station
* Self-Serve functionality is switched on at leading Avis locations across Europe
FIND YOUR RENTAL
- Check availability of rental cars or vans for your selected dates (vans at selected locations only)
- Filter the results by size, transmission and features
- Choose from car rental locations at airports, train stations and cities. We’ll list the Avis stations nearest to you, and show them on a map
- Results include vehicle features and prices for paying now, or later when you pick up your vehicle
- See a full breakdown of everything that’s included in the price
ADD EXTRAS TO YOUR RENTAL
- Coverage packages (at selected locations)
- Mobile wi-fi
- Additional drivers
- Child seats
MANAGE YOUR UPCOMING BOOKINGS
- Check, cancel or amend your booking
- Upgrade your car or van
- Add additional drivers
- Choose extra equipment or services for your trip, such as child seats and GPS
What’s new in Version 5.6?
• Introduction of QuickPass registration to help get you on the road as quickly as possible.
• Driving Licence validation.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
We are always working on ways to improve our app. Thank you to everyone who reported issues and suggested improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use App with minor issues
The apps easy and simple to make bookings and check upcoming, current and past rentals especially when your signed up for Avis Preferred. Sadly loading times can be slow and have had several app freezes and crashes. Usually ends up working again the next time I check the app. Other than that it’s made booking easier than having to use the desktop website.
Bait and switch. Unreliable and potentially dishonest.
Don’t use this App. Unreliable service and potentially dishonest bait and switch on pricing in my experience. I booked a Merc C Class Cabriolet - Select Series – using the App which is supposed to guarantee the model and make of car. They emailed me to confirm car and price in my reservation. When I arrived at Geneva airport they told me it was not available unless I paid 800CHF more. Either it is available or it isn't. It was in fact available – the exact car I booked. They eventually agreed to charge "only 300 CHF more than the booking". I had little choice but to take it as they just refused to honour the booked price and all other car hire companies were sold out of similar vehicles. I later complained to AVIS customer services and they said it was my fault and my problem, and that I could have just walked away, then they just hung up on me. One of their excuses was that I accepted a higher category car -- even though the car they gave me was the exact same C Class Cabriolet that I booked. A disgusting racket. Based on this experience Avis appear potentially to be in the business of baiting and switching -- get you in with a booking at a good rate then renege on the deal and say you can only have it for more when you land at the airport. Outrageous. Don't use the AVIS App. Potentially dishonest tactics and no customer service in my experience.
Slow App that doesn’t inform user fully
The app is very slow to refresh screens or move to next screen after a completed user action.
Specific pieces of information are also missing - for instance when trying complete a booking, and the hire location is busy so cannot confirm the booking out of hours, the app simply doesn’t allow completion (displays an error message) - but still submits the ‘request’ - I only found out 15minutes later when I received an automated email, telling me that the booking had been ‘requested’ and would be confirmed of cancelled within 72hrs!
Terrible service, awful information and poorly designed app with unacceptably slow in-app performance
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Avis Europe plc
- 164.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Avis Budget EMEA Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.