Do you enjoy watching videos on your iPad? Do you hate not being able to because your iPad cannot support the video format? Or do you hate the inconvenient and time-consuming hassle of trying to convert video formats to fit into one that your iPad can support?
This is why the AVPlayerHD was created. The AVPlayerHD can play almost any computer video file format such as AVI, Xvid, WMV and much more clearly and effortlessly. No converting hassles. Just copy files via USB and just drag and drop into the AVPlayer’s Media Explorer.
The AVPlayerHD can also support external subtitle files such as SMI and SRT. So if you enjoy watching videos on your iPad, then the AVPlayerHD is an absolute necessity.
• Video Format Extension
- Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- Dolby Digital (AC3), Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3)
- XVID,AVI,WMV,RMVB,ASF,H264,MKV… most of all movie file formats.
- SMI, SRT, TXT, SubStationAlpha Subtitles
• Post Processing
- High quality video processing
• Control the playback speed (From 0.5X to 2.0X)
- User setting support
-Sweep to the left : move to backword 10 sec
-Sweep to the right : move to forward 10 sec
-Sweep to the top : 1.5X speed
-Sweep to the down : normal speed
• Additional features
- Supports Split View
- Supports Picture in Picture mode ( h.264 format with H/W decoding )
- Rotation Lock / Aspect ratio Control
- Folder Management:Pass code/Move/Rename/Create
- Resume play from last position
- Scrubbing search
- supports e-mail attachment by "Open In" feature
• USB/WIFI Transfer
1. How to add video with USB
- Run iTunes 9.1 or above
- Device->My Device(My iPad)->Apps, drag and drop files to the AVplayerHD's documents
2. Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- High quality video clips of 720P (1280 x 720) or more are recommended for MP4 format.
- MP4, MOV, M4V formats that QuickTime supports can be played up to 1080P by using H/W Decoder but, Post Processing function isn’t provided.
- Support H/W decoding for MKV and AVI (720P supported on iPad1, 1080P supported on iPad2 / The New iPad)
- Hybrid decoding mode is added and now it is able to play high resolution videos by using hardware accelerator feature embedded in iPhone/iPad even for mkv or avi in h264. Also battery use time has extended.
- Application may crash in iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch due to heavy use of memory in Hybrid decoding. Try turning off all application running in background and reboot the device by holding down sleep mode button for long time.
- If screen shakes it means hardware decoding is not supported. Try turning off hybrid decoding.
- When the file formats are available for MKV or AVI the player supports hardware decoding.
- If you cannot choose audio in mp4 or avi, change the extension to mkv temporarily and chosen audio channel will be applied.
3. The optimal speed when advancing its playing speed can differ depending on the way it’s compressed and the size.
Video clips of XVID (AVI) 720 x 480 can be fast played up to 1.3-1.5 times faster than normal.
Fixed the problem that the Inbox doesn't appear after "share and copy to ..." on iOS 11.
Fixed the bug AVPlayerHD doesn't start streaming when launched by URL scheme from other Apps such as "FileBrowser".
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great versatile Media Player but needs an update
Have been using this app for years as a happy customer. Plays every media type I can throw at it and good support for multi-language and sub-titles.
With the new (late 2018) iPads the fullscreen mode isn’t really fullscreen anymore tough - the status bar with time/battery always shows at the top as does the ‘swipe up’ bar at the bottom. Hope this gets fixed soon.
The app is great when it comes to playing files of any type, and I can’t remember ever having trouble reproducing a video.
However, PLEASE fix the bug about not being able to go real full screen on the iPad Pro - as mentioned on other reviews (and this seems to have been outstanding for a while now) the app will always display time, date, WiFi/battery indicator at the top of the screen, and the iPad Pro white menu bar at the bottom; it’s impossible to remove it from the interface, and it is incredibly distracting when you’re trying to enjoy your movie. Recently it even started displaying a second (!!) white bar at the bottom of the screen for whatever reason, making it even more difficult to zone into a movie.
Please fix this, it should be a no brainer to be able to have full screen view on a video playback app, and it’s certainly something that’s available on apps such as Netflix.
have been using for years the only one with AC3 sound support
Most recent update has definitely improved HD play back on the iPad mini.
Overall still the leader in a crowded pack.
Love this app and is really user friendly and nice looking simple interface.
I have bought a number of media players over the years but have to admit this one is the best playing anything thrown at it without any issues.
Developer has managed to license the AC3 audio codec so thats good as most "back-ups" have AC3 audio.
otherwise a flawless app with really good interface where you can program touch screen gestures to pause, play change video and volume..
I have stuck with this one now for some years and they have never let me down. even pulling app for a short period while they sorted out a dispute rather than removing features like other developers did.
- 50.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 eplayworks
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.