AVSub is a fully featured, multi-language music and video streaming (after in-app purchase) app for SubSonic. With multi-format (including FLAC) support, quick & easy browsing, caching for offline listening or viewing, playlist support and a great user interface, accessing your media is fast and simple. With full Bluetooth Audio, Apple Watch, CarPlay, AVCast/Chromecast/FireTV & Airplay support too, you can have your media with you anywhere, anytime.
Connect AVSub to your licensed SubSonic server and you'll have access to your entire media collection. AVSub supports any audio format that SubSonic supports and SSL.
AVSub's user interface is easy to use. Buttons are large and clear and playback can be controlled by gestures. Optimized views for both portrait & landscape orientations make the most of your device.
AVSub has full Bluetooth Audio support - stream to any Bluetooth device (car stereo, amplifier, speaker, headphones) with superb quality. Bluetooth remote-control is fully supported.
AVSub also fully suports CarPlay.
The AVSub Apple Watch extension is the easiest way to get your Subsonic playlists onto your watch. The extension supports full background playback. You can take your music with you even without your phone!
AVSub supports caching so you can listen to your music or watch video even when you're not connected to the Internet. AVSub will intelligently cache what you listen to in the background, or you can choose to download tracks, albums or videos direct to the cache for quick pre-loading. Cache size is configurable, along with options such as cache reading & writing and the ability to control direct-downloading over a mobile/cellular network.
Cache management in AVSub is easy too! When browsing the cache, simple swipe right-to-left on item to reveal a delete button. See the AVSub website for details.
AVSub supports Subsonic playlists and will intelligently cache tracks on your device.
AVSub can be used on both WiFi or a mobile/cellular connection (3G/4G). Audio caching ensure smoother playback.
AVSub shows enhanced information for your media, recognising movies, TV, artists and giving bio information, top tracks and similar artists.
AVSub supports the casting app AVCast.
With AVSub you can access your full media library by browsing, selecting from the most recently added, most recently played, most frequently played or highest rated tracks, or search over your entire library. AVSub also supports multiple SubSonic top-level music folders, allowing you to select an individual top-level folder, or your entire collection. You can browse by folder structure or ID3 tags.
- Universal app for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- High-resolution digital audio output via CCK up to 24bit/192kHz
- TMDb integration for full movie & TV posters and details
- VLC integration
- AVCast support
- Google Cast & Amazon Fire TV audio and video (after in-app purchase)
- Portrait and landscape
- Video streaming with caching (in-app purchase)
- Subsonic Jukebox (in-app purchase)
- Notification center widget with recent items
- 3D Touch quick action shortcuts
- Internet radio
- SSL support, including self-signed certificates
- Caching for all media
- Folder & ID3 mode
- Multi-disc album support
- Artist Radio/Similar Songs
- Intelligent Bookmarks
- Gapless playback
- Track seeking
- Subsonic playlist support & management
- Streams over 3G/4G/WiFi
- Maximum streaming bitrate control
- Bluetooth Audio/Airplay support
- Remembers your playlist from the last session
- Streams from any licensed SubSonic server (v4.0 and up)
- Browse/search music collection
- Browse most recently added, recently played, frequently played, highest rated
- Random albums/songs
- Shuffle and repeat
- Album cover art
- Lock-screen integration
- Documentation & guides available at the AVSub website
- Supports iOS10+
AVSub 22.6 has the following updates
- Improvements to the watch sync process. The default bitrate is now 160kbps and transcoding only occurs if tracks are above this rate.
- Added ability to switch between servers by long-pressing the refresh icon on the home screen.
- Added ability to refresh the art for a single album by long-pressing the album art on the album-info screen.
- Various small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Noticing that many of the reviews here are very old.
Now I've used this app from its inception and while it wasn't perfect in the beginning it is so much better now. Music steams flawlessly over 3G and 4G connections, caching offline works well so you don't eat data when out and about. The interface is brilliantly designed for menu access when driving (shhh naughty).
Top notch app. Note I rarely use video functionality so can't comment on that but as a portably music player taking my collection with me ...it works brilliantly.
Oh and on a side note it's regularly updated with bug fixes and feature requests (oh and dev actually responds to and actions feature requests if they make sense too!)
Best money I've ever spent on an app (and the longest I've ever used one I've bought too!)
App freezes often
When buffering a song, which takes forever and often just fails, the app freezes completely.
Took the plunge..
Kinda got sick of isub not working under iOS 8 properly. Was really surprised with this as most subsonic clients hardly work. This one works straight outta the box with a nice fluid straightforward interface. Finally I can listen to my music again - has caching as well. Recommended!!
- Richard Levy
- 58.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Richard Levy
- In-App Purchases
- Video Playback £1.99
- Jukebox mode £0.99
- Chromecast Video/Audio £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.