Hit the reset button on your busy mind. Get back to Mother Nature.
Download this nature connection app. Find hidden nearby nature. Listen to our mindful nature meditations. Relax, reset and regain perspective on life!
LESS SCREEN TIME, MORE NATURE TIME
Take a break from the virtual world, remember the real world. Escape the next TV-show binge. Avoid another pointless Zoom meeting. Feel alive in nearby nature!
MINDFUL AUDIO GUIDES IN NATURE
Sometimes our minds are so frantic that a relaxing walk in the park isn't so relaxing. We go to nature without really taking it in at all. Did you even listen to the birdsong? Smell the roses? Climb a tree? Our audio guides connect you with your wonderful surroundings.
VITAMIN N: NATURE IS GREAT FOR US
A walk in the park is just what the doctor ordered! Researchers have found 2-hours of nature a week contribute to great health and wellbeing. People that visit nature several times a week report higher life satisfaction. Ecotherapy techniques like forest bathing give us both physiological and psychological benefits including alleviating stress and depression.
Awe is your app to spend more quality time in nearby nature. Learn how to deeply connect with the trees, birds, clouds, sky, stars and rivers around you. Yes even in cities! We're on a mission to help 1 million people connect with nature to cultivate awe and enhance their mental health.
WHAT IS 'AWE'?
Awe is an emotion and altered state of mind. We’ve all felt it in our lifetimes. Stunned and silent, standing on a mountainside gazing across a valley to snow peaked caps, it dawns on us just how big the world is (or how small we are). Like mindfulness, flow and gratitude, awe is a state of mind leaving us feeling fricking great! A real mood boost.
A true awe experience connects us to people and planet. We become more open minded and happier to deal with nuance. It can even change our perception of time!
When we experience true awe we gain a number of psychological benefits.
1. Cultivate feelings of connectedness to people and planet. When we feel awe, we feel more connected to the world around us. No longer are we an individual navigating a strange universe. These feelings have a number of second order effects too including greater life satisfaction.
2. Boost your mood and well-being. Even small doses of awe can lead to big smiles! When the world is feeling foggy, an awe mood boost can go a long way.
3. Foster an open mind. People high in dispositional awe (people that experience awe regularly) are open to modifying their world view, they are more comfortable with nuance and shades of grey.
4. Humility. People that regularly experience awe are described by their friends as more humble.
5. Our perception of time changes. We lead busy lives, we're starved of time. Awe changes this. Although we're unable to gain more time, we are able to feel like we have more of it.
HOW DOES THE APP WORK?
1. Go to an awe nature spot. Pick a verified spot from our map, find one on your adventures, or go to a familiar spot you love.
2. Look around! With a curious mind tell us what you notice. Do you see trees? Birds? Rocks? People?
3. Listen to our nature meditation. Pop in your headphones and spend meaningful time with mother nature. Regain a sense of awe and wonder.
Our nature meditations are designed to help you find the magical in the mundane. Over time we become jaded with our local nature. Through a system-thinking approach, consider frame-breaking questions to invoke awe-inspiring fresh perspectives on familiar nature. Awaken to the interconnected ecosystem in-front of you. Look at local trees, streams and birds with child-like wonder!
Awe membership is open to all! Share your awe course moments and pondering perspectives with the Awe community.
Ratings and Reviews
Genuinely improving my quality of life!
This is an amazing app - really calming, grounding and amazing for getting little reflective moments through the day that we should all have more of. Recommend it to anyone!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Wholesome Technology Company Ltd
- 98.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 The Wholesome Technology Company Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.