BandLab is the ultimate free music creation platform that over 9 million users worldwide are raving about. Import a track or create your song from scratch, collaborate with creators and producers, and publish your epic hits for the global BandLab community!
Our easy-to-use multi-track editor is a launchpad that lets you record, edit and remix any tune to perfection. Throw in creative effects, beats, loops, and vocals from hundreds of free sound packs available, and be inspired by samples from musical genres like EDM, dubstep, garage, hip-hop, house, rock, rap and more.
With BandLab’s social networking features, you can find new friends, connect with collaborators and start a band with fellow musicians, guitarists, beat makers, rappers and more — no audition needed! Message pros and pioneers in the community for tips and techniques, and share your favorite collections with an audience that’s always eager to listen. Go from new to seasoned musician in no time.
BandLab also lets you discover and stream millions of tracks made by emerging and established artists, bands and DJs. Create personalized playlists or tune in to our daily chart-topping curations!
Our app comes with unlimited cloud storage so you can record to your heart's content. What's more, BandLab works seamlessly across all devices – crossover to our desktop site to load your projects, feed, bands and communities instantly.
BandLab is absolutely FREE to use. No subscription fees, paywalls or limits to your experience. Get #BandLab and be a music maker today!
• *NEW* Video Mix – Create awesome-sounding video clips, whether you’re a rapper freestyling over a beat or a songwriter laying down a hot new solo. Jazz up your video with world-class effects and real-time monitoring!
• 12-Track Mix Editor – Access our multi-track digital audio workstation (DAW) to record live audio or import, mix, splice and tweak tracks for the perfect mixdown. Customize track layers and add lyrics instantly.
• 100+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass Presets – Access world-class effects with real-time monitoring. Use a medley of effects and filters, from drum phaser to gated reverb and more.
• Looper – DJ like a pro with our extensive loop packs. Build an orchestra of sounds, add some synth or reverb, or just freestyle your way to a whole new mixtape while on the go.
• Creator Kits – Produce all-new grooves using preloaded sound packs across multiple genres. Think of it as your favorite virtual drum pad machine (DPM) or music production controller (MPC).
• 100+ Virtual MIDI Instruments – Compose music using anything from acoustic guitars to keyboards, pianos to synthesizers and a variety of drums, all within an app that fits in your pocket.
• Explore – Not in the mood to create? No problem! Let BandLab be a source of entertainment as you explore and get inspired by new artists, genres and collections curated just for you.
• Creator Connect – Team up with fellow artists just around the corner or halfway across the world! Just fill out your profile and we'll match you to potential collaborators who share your musical taste and inspiration.
• Mastering – Need your mix to sound like it came from the production studio? Upload your song or recording and let our built-in equalizer work its magic. Supports mp3 and other formats.
• Tuner and Metronome – Finding your rhythm is now a cakewalk with these essential audio tools.
• Remix Tracks – “Fork” tracks that other creators have shared with the community and make your own mashups.
Stability improvements and bug fixes.
See something wrong? Send your feedback to email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing piece of software
I’m a student and so can’t afford high end music developing software, but this is absolutely brilliant, I love using it and the ability to collaborate with others is truly unique, my one request would be more loops added if possible to really widen the possibilities with that section, but outstanding truly, kudos to the maker!
I mean for my personal use I would love to see some more trap and punk/rock loops, or something within the genre of Sad Rap? Like xxxtentacion or Lil Peep, that kind of thing
Developer Response ,
Hi Rambeedoe - Sure thing! Thanks for getting ack to us with your suggestions. We'll get them loops cooking and creating for you soon!
BandLab review - trouble syncing
I really like the App. The Midi sounds like drums and piano are really good, and even the guitars can be worked with. I like the fact that you can record vocals and guitar over the top and with a little tweaking, you can get some pretty decent professional sounding songs - just from your smartphone. Something that wasn’t possible even 10 years ago.
I like the way you can ‘fork’ an idea for other musicians to have a play on your song (without changing your original composition) and I like the multiple revision steps which means you can go down one route with a song and if you don’t like it, go back to an earlier revision.
I’ve only given it 4-stars as on a few occasions revisions have not synced and just stay syncing forever, meaning that it’s a bit of a pain to download all the tracks (in WAV form - not MIDI) and upload them into a whole new project. Can be a pain if you’ve spent days working on a project that doesn’t sync which means it can’t be published.
Maybe the App makers can have a look into this in the next update. But overall, it’s the easiest and most in depth Music studio App that I’ve found.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing the nice review! If you notice any syncing issues in the future, please send us the project details at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. Cheers!
This is ok...
I got this game because a few people from my school said that they created a band together and i wanted to join the band too, so I downloaded it.
The only problem was was that I didn't realise that this was a social media app too!
I started making music and playing my guitar, and I also set up a profile, but then was when I realised that the whole point of the game was to get as many friends, bands and followers as you can, and I did.
The few select problems are that it is really hard to get 5.23K followers like millions of other people on the game have, and at the moment i only have 5 followers, and only three of them are real people.
The good thing about the game is that they show on peoples post what device they are using, and i know if people are real or not (most people that I knew on the app where robots but still).
The bad thing is that you can actually message people on a private message (so say I would be able to message one of my friends from school if I'm following them and they are following me).
I would not recommend this app to people who are worried about social media or cyber-bullying. Sorry xx 😫
Developer Response ,
Hi happyunicorngameplayer123 - Thanks for reaching out. BandLab is not a game, it is a music creation app with social features and it is not really about gaining followers or numbers. It primarily for users to dabble into music creation and collaborating with others and getting started in your music-making journey
You can get started here -https://help.bandlab.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002945153-Getting-started-on-BandLab?source=search
Apologies for the issue regarding cyberbullying and bots, we're working on addressing at the moment. You can write to us at email@example.com so we can further address this issue
- BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd
- 159.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- ©2020 BandLab Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.