Welcome to Bristol: Banksy’s Bristol. This app will guide you on a trail of the remaining Banksy pieces in his home town. We have concentrated on the works around the Floating Harbour, Park Street, Stokes Croft and Montpelier.
The main trail can be completed in a fairly leisurely afternoon, or you could make a day of it, particularly as there is so much more to see at the Museum and M Shed.
Also includes words and pictures about the Banksy vs Bristol Museum show and Dismaland, described by Banksy himself as 'The UK's most disappointing new visitor attraction'.
* Interactive map pinpoints your location in relation to Banksy artwork
* Photos of all artworks
* Visit all the remaining Banksy pieces in his home town
* Also includes older pieces that are now not so visible
* Article about the Banksy vs Bristol Museum show with photos
* In-depth piece about Dismaland with loads of photos
* We ask: Who is Banksy?
* Based on the bestselling book Home Sweet Home: Banksy's Bristol
* Includes discount code for 25% off Home Sweet Home book
Added Bristol Ferry Boat stops to help you travel around the harbour while you're following the Banksy Bristol Trail. We have also addressed an issue with map loading.
Ratings and Reviews
Barely satisfies the minimum requirements for an app
First of all, I must say that the app effectively does provide the location of all (I presume) of Banksy's art pieces in and around Bristol. It also provides the user with brief descriptions about said pieces, and a map location for each, that also pinpoints your location.
This would be a 5 star review if the app was free, and a 4 star review if the app was 0.79£. The app, unfortunately, costs 2.99£ and what said above is all the app actually does. Nothing more than a blogpost and related personalised map could do.
1. The app does not guide you to the location, you need to switch continuously between the app and the map of your choice to navigate to the location.
2. Some of the locations are slightly off, and not precise. For example "girl with a pierced eardrum" is shown on the wrong road.
3. The app is not optimised, nor up to date with the latest OS. It uses a lot of battery, and looks bad on the latest iphone.
4. The app is NOT kept up to date. 2 weeks ago, "take the money and run" was covered by another graffiti artist and thus non existing. The app mentions nothing about it.
5. The app is full of bugs, typos and generally unrefined.
NOT worth 2.99£.
To be a useful app, you need it to make it really easy to find the pieces of art. Sadly the markers on the map aren’t clear, and the description of the locations are vague.
The is a bit of description, which is nice, but there is lots of that on line.
I guess the discount is a nice idea, but we didn’t have time to use it.
Feedback listened to and app now fab!
This app is really useful for information on each Banksy, however. to do the trail we ended up just using Apple maps as the map wouldn’t open properly from this app.
Also found out a lot of the information about the Banksy works on my maps too, so not worth purchasing for £2.99.
Above is my original review, but now Apple maps is compatible after Cathy’s reviewed my comments :)
Developer Response ,
I’m really sorry that you had a problem with the map and thanks for bringing it to our attention. We have now fixed this and released a new updated version of the app in the AppStore. If you’d like to get in touch with me through our support email address (listed on the app page in the AppStore) I’d like to send you a Banksy related item by way of apology.
Our app contains so so much more than you will find on your map apps. There are numerous in depth articles with photos covering thoughts on Banksy’s identity, his 2015 bemusement park Dismaland, Bristol Museum vs Banksy, the story of Banksy’s gift to Broad Plain Youth Club in 2014 and his gift to Bridge Farm Primary School in 2016. There’s also a discount code for a whopping 25% off the book that provided our articles, ‘Banksy’s Bristol: Home Sweet Home’, saving you more than the cost of the app!
- Cactus Data Ltd
- 20.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Cactus Data Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.