"Barclays Video Call lets you have a confidential conversation with us. It’s a convenient alternative to visiting a branch to talk about your banking needs, and with a good Wi-Fi connection, it’s free to use.
You can access the app from the Barclays Mobile Banking app for on-demand queries.
Alternatively, if you have a Relationship Manager, you can make an appointment with them. They’ll then send you an invitation email confirming the date and time of your review with details on how to access it.
How to register and access Barclays Video Call
• Barclays Video Call uses a separate app – if you don’t already have it, you’ll need to install it
• You can start your call from the Barclays Mobile Banking app (to talk about your personal banking) or barclays.co.uk/contact-us (to talk about a mortgage)
• If you would like to discuss your accounts, you will need to identify yourself once connected
• If you’ve received an invite to a call from us, please click the link in the email to start
* To keep your money safe, Barclays Video Call won’t operate on a rooted or jailbroken phone*
• Barclays Video Call allows you to speak to us face to face from the comfort of your home
• We’re available seven days a week so you can discuss your banking needs when you choose
• We’ll be able to discuss your accounts and complete servicing requests
• Barclays Video Call allows you to speak to a mortgage specialist face to face from the comfort of your home or office
• You’ll be able to talk to us about a new or existing mortgage
Appointments and invites
• If you have a Relationship Manager, you’ll be able to use the app for pre-arranged appointments to discuss your account reviews and banking needs
• Being face to face with your Relationship Manager helps make longer complex conversations easier to understand and makes sure they can fully meet you and your family’s banking needs
• Appointments can be made at whatever time suits you, and as long as you have a good Wi-Fi connection, you can be wherever is most convenient for you
• We recommend you use Wi-Fi to avoid data costs from your mobile provider
• Make sure you’re somewhere private where you won’t be overheard
Barclays Video Call is free, but network charges might apply if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.
All intellectual property rights in the software and the service belong to us or our licensors."
Service Improvements and Bug Fixed for iOS12 devices
Ratings and Reviews
Frustrating irritating app that disconnects when it feels like it!
I’ve spent over 3 and half hours trying to be connected and finally when I do it disconnects! The first time I got through to someone was in 2 hours and she asked me to take a photo of my ID and the minute I did this and was trying to reconnect back to her, the phone cuts off!! This app is useless. Stop complicating things and just put a online application for children aged 11-17. You can’t even get an appointment in a Barclays branch without waiting for a least a week! I don’t have that time. I really detest Barclays honestly over the recent years they have been such a nuisance with their services.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, it’s not good to hear that you feel this way about Video Banking. I’d recommend making sure that you have a very strong wifi signal when calling through. The service is available 24/7 as well so you can call anytime. – Anth
Had issues with BMB and Online Banking for opening a second account and when I rang up I got passed from pillar to post as they didn’t know what the problem was. Don’t have time to go into Branch as they kept suggesting so I used the video banking option. It was my 1st time trying it so I was a bit skeptical but I got straight through in less than 10minutes and the Personal Banker was so helpful and got it all sorted dead easy. Amazing!
Developer Response ,
Hey there and thanks so much for letting us know about your recent experience; it's really great to hear we've been able to help via video banking and look forward to speaking with you again in the future! Thanks for the review! :) -Jonny
I know you are trying something new that other banks do not offer, but seriously you need to get the basics right first. After 2 hours of trying and sitting in queue after queue each time just as I am connecting I get a message saying 'oops you've disconnected'. This has happened about 10 times in a row and I have now lost patience. I would pop in to my branch to do my banking but seeing as though you have no online appointment system and I cannot just pop in without one then I might add well just move to one of the challenger banks who actually care about their customers.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, I’m really sorry that you’ve been disconnected. Can you make sure you have a strong wifi connection before trying again please? Let me know how you get on. – Anth
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.