Catalog all your books, games, movies, etc, quickly and effortlessly with our world-class barcode scanner!
As you go around the house scanning large batches of items with the built-in barcode scanner, the product names and images automatically show up. Each product is put in one of the built-in categories (books, movies, music, games, other), or in a category that you created yourself.
For the few items that Barcode Catalog does not identify automatically, you can add your own image and title.
You can browse and edit items, organize categories, add notes, record loans on all your iDevices thanks to iCloud synchronization. You can also email your lists or upload them to DropBox.
Check out the video demo at bit.ly/barcodelib
** FEATURES **
• Scan UPC, EAN and ISBN barcodes, in batches.
• You define and manage your own categories.
• It takes just two taps to assign an item to a different category.
• You add descriptions and notes as you wish.
• You record to whom you have lent something (no more lost books or DVDs!) and see them all in a special "Lent out" category.
• The lists automatically synchronize across all your devices: for example you scan your games collection with your iPhone and browse or organize it on your iPad.
• Our proprietary barcode scanner is the fastest on the market.
• Unlike most barcode scanners out there, this one works with the iPod Touch, the iPad2 and the iPad front camera.
• The app is designed and optimized for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. You only need to purchase it once.
App Store Reviews are always welcome! Please send all your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as we cannot respond to reviews.
Fixed Dropbox upload
Ratings and Reviews
This is a really easy to use tool which has a vast library of barcodes and only misses a few of my more antique or small-press books. I'm also impressed with how accurately the catalogue draws in the write covers for my editions. The export to Excel is also a cinch.
The company's customer support was also very speedy and friendly (I sent my email Sunday evening and they sent a solution first thing Monday), when I swapped iPhones and it "lost" my catalogue in iCloud.
What I would like to see is an ability to choose how to sort your catalogue (eg I can't stand that it is by title... Books and music should be by author/artist! Or at least give you the choice.) It would also be great to expand the database to more board games eg Settlers of Catan). It would also be nice if the Excel export could throw the different categories onto separate tabs, but as I'm handy enough with Excel it's not a large impediment.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this app.
For 6.99, it’s very poor. Little or no customisation, barely anywhere to add detail. So basic it’s ridiculous. Complete wast of money. I have deleted.
Fantastic little app
This does just what it says; a fantastic little app! Catalogued my vast collection of videos in an evening. Only downside is that when you put music in it, it saves the album title (eg: Tubular Bells) and the 'author' (eg: Virgin) but it doesn't put in the artist (eg: Mike Oldfield). With music this is essential - I certainly use the artist to find what I want far more than album titles. I got round this by deleting the info under 'Author' and manually putting in the artist instead. I did have a problem syncing a pad & phone but an email sent one evening was answered the following day.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.