Enjoy BBC History Magazine, the UK's best-selling history magazine, on your iPhone and iPad. Dive into the latest issue, download the entire back issue collection and save more with a subscription.
Each month we assemble leading experts to explore a wide range of British, American and international historical topics – from ancient civilisations to the two world wars. Our historians tackle the key events and personalities of the past, as well as shining a light on lesser-known areas and explaining how the latest research changes our understanding.
Every issue also contains a comprehensive reviews section, inspiring ideas for heritage visits, breaking history news and the historical background behind current events.
Subscriptions and Single Issues:
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using our app! Here are the latest enhancements you'll find in our update:
*General bug fixes
We're constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app. The magazine is presented in such a great way and it’s easy to find long or short articled depending how much time you have. I’ve never had any problems with it all. Use on my iPad and always have something to read wherever I go.
When are you going to fix the crashing bug you introduced in the last update?
When I tap on Read to read an issue I had previously downloaded the app just quits. The only way to fix this is a complete re-download of the app. You can download an edition not previously downloaded and read that, but then you have the same problem with THAT edition the next time. This only just started happening, and it is very annoying!
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry that you are experiencing these crashes, we are looking into it and will try to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Great content, app needs improvement
The magazine content itself is great, but the app lets it down in a big way and is often a frustrating experience to use.
I will most likely cancel my subscription for this reason alone.
Such a shame to see the many reviews saying similar things and still nothing changed.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 39 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription £3.99
- 12-Month Subscription £45.99
- BBC History Magazine Apple News £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.