BBC iPlayer lets you watch the latest TV series, documentaries and Sport from the BBC all in one app. Watch live, on demand or download to watch on the move.
Enjoy live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sporting events to great comedies, gripping documentaries to nail-biting dramas.
Looking for kids entertainment? Create a child profile for a more age appropriate experience with all their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies and more!
- Discover the latest TV series including Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve and The Apprentice.
- Download shows to your device so that you can watch on the go.
- Pause, restart and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing.
- Build a playlist of your favourite shows.
- Enjoy the benefits of signing in so that you can start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
- Stream programmes to your TV using Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast; please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
We’ve been making improvements and fixing bugs so you can continue to find and watch your favourite shows.
Ratings and Reviews
Our favorite BBC shows, whenever we want? Perfect! With the option to download and watch offline, we actually look forward to commutes and long flights. And the range of programs is astounding—from the newest and best to iconic old classics.
Generally ok but lacking in parts
Generally this app is ok .
However the things that annoy me on a daily basis are:
- difficult navigation of episodes , I was watching a 5 series long show and when I was trying to find the last episode played , it wasn’t showing up in a helpful place . There also wasn’t any markers to suggest where I left off. To make matters worse when scrolling through the list of episodes there was no easy series selection option and I had to scroll through the entire list of episodes. I think I watched some of an episode prior to the one I was in to manually determine where I was at.
- sort of related to the first point ,’when using cast , the resume from the place in an episode where I left off doesn’t work . It always starts from
The beginning and I have to skip through hoping I jump to the correct spot
- nice to have feature , like other popular apps such as Netflix when you scroll through an episode and it shows you an updated thumbnail of the point in the episode to make finding a particular place would be nice
Difficult to watch audio described programs on the app
Can the development team please put on the roadmap the ability to toggle audio description from the play screen?
Currently, if I want to watch an audio described programme, I have to go into the audio describe section. If I’m lucky, the episode I want will be featured on the first page, otherwise I have to go into the A-Z and find the program i want. However, if it is a series, only the latest episode is shown with audio description. If I select a previous episode, the audio description doesn’t work. Also, if I’m watching an audio described episode from a series and the next episode launches automatically with auto play enabled, the next episode doesn’t play with audio description, even if the website shows that audio description is available. Also, at the moment you cannot currently download audio described programs.
Confusing to read? It certainly is a confusing way to try and watch audio described programs.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 97 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © BBC 2022