BBC iPlayer brings you the latest and greatest TV series and box sets from the BBC. Watch live, on-demand or download to take away with you - all in one app!
Enjoy watching live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sport events to great comedies, gripping documentaries and nail-biting dramas. Looking for a little entertainment for the children? Create an account for a more child-friendly experience and your little ones can watch all of their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies!
- Discover the latest shows including Vigil and the second series of Baptiste.
- Download shows to your device: save all your favourite programmes on your mobile or tablet device so you can watch them offline and at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Pause and restart live TV: just missed the start of a TV episode? Now you can pause and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing!
- Build a playlist of your favourite programmes: can’t watch a programme right now? Just tap the ‘+Add’ button to build your own programme playlist.
- Enjoy the benefits of signing in: start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
- Stream programmes to your TV using Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast; please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV.
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
We've been fixing bugs, and making further improvements to the app so you can continue to find and watch your favourite shows.
Ratings and Reviews
Our favorite BBC shows, whenever we want? Perfect! With the option to download and watch offline, we actually look forward to commutes and long flights. And the range of programs is astounding—from the newest and best to iconic old classics.
Generally ok but lacking in parts
Generally this app is ok .
However the things that annoy me on a daily basis are:
- difficult navigation of episodes , I was watching a 5 series long show and when I was trying to find the last episode played , it wasn’t showing up in a helpful place . There also wasn’t any markers to suggest where I left off. To make matters worse when scrolling through the list of episodes there was no easy series selection option and I had to scroll through the entire list of episodes. I think I watched some of an episode prior to the one I was in to manually determine where I was at.
- sort of related to the first point ,’when using cast , the resume from the place in an episode where I left off doesn’t work . It always starts from
The beginning and I have to skip through hoping I jump to the correct spot
- nice to have feature , like other popular apps such as Netflix when you scroll through an episode and it shows you an updated thumbnail of the point in the episode to make finding a particular place would be nice
SORTBTHIS OUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
Every time tIme you do an update something else goes wrong!!
Now all the downloaded content says it’s not available yet if I select THE SAME PROGRAMME from the front page it will play. WHAT THE ACTUAL???? Sort this out and you still don’t let viewers choose how to view their downloaded lists. Why can’t we organise them how we want them??? And why does it keep crashing or failing to download?? Seriously have a look at All4 I don’t work for them but their app works!!!!
I’ve been using this app for years and every time you do an upgrade it’s still buggy. We pay for a licence fee and still get a crap app. Constantly crashing, takes too long to load, you can’t order the downloads in any sense. When. You want to watch offline it takes an age to open then tells you you aren’t connected to internet! I know!! I don’t need the Internet for downloads. Sort it out. Learn something from All 4 their app is better.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 88.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © BBC 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.