BBC iPlayer brings you the latest and greatest TV series and box sets from the BBC. Watch live, on-demand or download to take away with you - all in one app!
Enjoy watching live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sport events to great comedies, gripping documentaries and nail-biting dramas. Looking for a little entertainment for the children? Create an account for a more child-friendly experience and your little ones can watch all of their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies!
Watch the latest TV series and box sets.
• Discover the latest TV series and Box Sets: from Strictly Come Dancing and RuPaul's Drag Race UK, to His Dark Materials and Blue Planet – we've got a wide selection of categories and channels to watch.
• Download shows to your device: save all your favourite programmes on your mobile or tablet device so you can watch them offline and at a time that’s convenient for you.
• Pause and restart live TV: just missed the start of a TV episode? Now you can pause and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing!
• Build a playlist of your favour programmes: can’t watch a programme right now? Just tap the ‘+Add’ button to build your own programme playlist.
• Enjoy the benefits of signing in: start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
• Stream programmes to your TV using Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast; please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV.
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
We've been fixing more bugs so you can continue to enjoy watching your favourite shows and binge-worthy box sets.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Our favourite BBC shows, whenever we want? Perfect! With the option to download and watch offline, we actually look forward to commutes and long flights. And the range of programmes is astounding—from the newest and best to iconic old classics.
Difficult to watch audio described programs on the app
Can the development team please put on the roadmap the ability to toggle audio description from the play screen?
Currently, if I want to watch an audio described programme, I have to go into the audio describe section. If I’m lucky, the episode I want will be featured on the first page, otherwise I have to go into the A-Z and find the program i want. However, if it is a series, only the latest episode is shown with audio description. If I select a previous episode, the audio description doesn’t work. Also, if I’m watching an audio described episode from a series and the next episode launches automatically with auto play enabled, the next episode doesn’t play with audio description, even if the website shows that audio description is available. Also, at the moment you cannot currently download audio described programs.
Confusing to read? It certainly is a confusing way to try and watch audio described programs.
Best one so far!
All you have to do is just create an account but it is fair because it has soo many programmes so you can watch everything and live things on CBBC and news on it :D. I am happy with this app because it is also like Netflix but better. You can watch movies. Though some of the movies are old :(. Overall, it is one of the best apps and I recommend you should download it
Also, it updates all its channels so on Monday there might be only 1 episode of so awkward, then on the next few days (due to upload time and publishing) day there might be the 2nd episode while on Netflix there might only be 1 episode for a few years ;(
Hope this helped whoever reads this :P (some of these reviews are fake and written by other companies so don’t let that fool you!)
Ps. The account making is quite tough
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 133.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © BBC 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.