BBC iPlayer lets you watch the latest TV series, documentaries and Sport from the BBC all in one app. Watch live, on demand or download to watch on the move.
Enjoy live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sporting events to great comedies, gripping documentaries to nail-biting dramas.
Looking for kids entertainment? Create a child profile for a more age appropriate experience with all their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies and more!
- Discover the latest TV series including Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve and The Apprentice.
- Download shows to your device so that you can watch on the go.
- Pause, restart and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing.
- Build a playlist of your favourite shows.
- Enjoy the benefits of signing in so that you can start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
- Stream programmes to your TV using Apple AirPlay and Google Chromecast; please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV
You can “opt out” from our data processor’s tracking by filling the “Forget My Device” form in this link https://www.appsflyer.com/optout
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
We’ve been making improvements and fixing bugs so you can continue to find and watch your favourite shows.
Ratings and Reviews
Our favourite BBC shows, whenever we want? Perfect! With the option to download and watch offline, we actually look forward to commutes and long flights. And the range of programmes is astounding—from the newest and best to iconic old classics.
This app is great, it allows me to watch a large amount of shows at the press of a button, and all for free.
The only problem I have with the app is downloads, I think they are great. But the one problem I have is that you can only select one show to download or be put in the queue at a a time. When watching later seasons of a show that has a lot of seasons, like Doctor Who, it gets really annoying having to scroll to the series, then scroll down to the episode I want to download, then have to scroll back to the series again because it puts you right back at season 1. Having the ability to select multiple shows at once to be put in the queue would be a major benefit.
Other than this problem, I think the app is brilliant.
Difficult to watch audio described programs on the app
Can the development team please put on the roadmap the ability to toggle audio description from the play screen?
Currently, if I want to watch an audio described programme, I have to go into the audio describe section. If I’m lucky, the episode I want will be featured on the first page, otherwise I have to go into the A-Z and find the program i want. However, if it is a series, only the latest episode is shown with audio description. If I select a previous episode, the audio description doesn’t work. Also, if I’m watching an audio described episode from a series and the next episode launches automatically with auto play enabled, the next episode doesn’t play with audio description, even if the website shows that audio description is available. Also, at the moment you cannot currently download audio described programs.
Confusing to read? It certainly is a confusing way to try and watch audio described programs.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited
- 102.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © BBC 2023