Every single page of the world's best-selling classical music magazine is included in our brand new app.
We’ve brought the great music we write about to life – you can now instantly sample and buy almost 200 recordings mentioned and recommended in every issue of BBC Music Magazine, thanks to our specially developed widget.
Click on any album cover or on underlined text, and the widget will open up, allowing you to hear extracts from hundreds of recordings – without ever leaving the app.
Click on any track to buy, and our widget will then take you to iTunes, where your choice will be highlighted, making it easier than ever to buy recommended recordings.
BBC Music Magazine is a must-read for anyone with a passion for classical music. Every issue brings the world of classical music to life, from interviews with the greatest artists and features on fascinating subjects, to all the latest news and opinions from around the music world.
There are also reviews of over 100 recordings, from symphonies and operas to big concertos by great composers from Bach to Vivaldi, each one rated by the finest writers in the business. BBC Music Magazine is the ultimate choice for classical music connoisseurs and new enthusiasts alike.
Now available on your iPad, there’s never been a better time to read BBC Music Magazine!
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
We've updated our digital edition to make reading your favourite classical music magazine more enjoyable than ever before! This update includes:
*Increased app stability for a seamless reading experience
*iOS 13 compatibility
We’d love to hear what you think of our app. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please email: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
I subscribe via the app and enjoy getting this magazine every month. The features are generally interesting and worthwhile and the reviews are always very helpful. The building a library section has been fantastic, suggesting new music to listen to.
I think the app is OK, bit is at times a bit clunky. Downloading can take quite some time. I seem to always need to sign in to activate my account, which isn't difficult but certainly an inconvenience. It works well now when it is and running. My biggest gripe is that the free CD is only accessible in app and cannot be added to iTunes to listen to on the go. This is a big disadvantage compared to the print issue (where you get a physical CD) and does sour the experience somewhat.
But on the whole it is still worth subscribing if you're a classical music fan, or if you just want to explore this music just a bit further.
Great magazine, but...
Thoroughly recommend the magazine for all the printed material. However, the lack of ability to play all the music from start to finish (one has to access each track separately) is a real bugbear, particularly for people like me who like to listen in the car. Am seriously considering returning to the print version because of this.
I have been a reader/listener since the magazine has been produced.A great magazine,great cd,s,keeps me enthralled for hours,a monthly highlight
Only one small criticism,could we have some extra special editions that we used to have in the past
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 38.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited
- In-App Purchases
- January 2012 £4.99
- February 2012 £4.99
- May 2012 £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.