Save 50% with a 12-month subscription. Limited time offer.
Complementing the much-loved BBC television programme, BBC Sky at Night Magazine is your practical guide to astronomy. Each issue features columns by renowned experts as well as in-depth cosmological features, practical observing tutorials, comprehensive equipment reviews, astrophotography master classes and much, much more.
Our digital edition is specially designed for mobile and tablet viewing for a more enjoyable reading experience. Plus, you'll find handy additional tools including text adjust (reading is never a strain, even on smaller devices) and bookmarking (save your favourite reads for later).
With easy-to follow star charts and expert advice on how to get the most out of the observing month, BBC Sky at Night Magazine is essential reading for both the novice and experienced astronomer.
Subscriptions and Single Issues
Customers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase
Subscriptions are available on monthly or annual terms.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
If you would like to get in touch with the team for more information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can visit our App support page https://immediate1.typeform.com/to/kc5nri
* please note: this digital edition does not include the covermount gifts or supplements you would find with printed copies*
Thanks for using the BBC Sky at Night Magazine app! Here are the latest enhancements you'll find in our update:
*Improved issue download speeds so you can easily enjoy your favourite content wherever you are
*General bug fixes
We're constantly looking for ways to improve our app and make it more reliable for you. We’d love to hear your questions, suggestions or feedback. Email us at: email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Now no Crashes and able to download issues
Same as Laf below. uninstall, reinstall. 4 times useless. Locks up, cannot send feedback via app as it will not work. Will be contacting the Sky at Night editorial team to complain. Spoke to Apple to ask them how to get this fiasco of an app removed from the App Store.
After recent updates by developer, can download and store offline, no more app crashes either so far.
Until I downloaded the latest version, the app worked reasonably well (I would have given that version 4 stars - it wasn't perfect, if you tried to read a complete issue, it would usually crash part way through. However as I tended to read only one or two articles each time I opened the app, that was ok for me).
Since the update, I have not been able to access anything - it just keeps crashing - I have only once got as far as it requesting my details before it crashed again. Surely app updates should be tested before release (by someone other than the writer) to ensure that you can reach the menu and read at least one or two articles on any iPad the app is supposed to run on.
Not impressed with this update, please do something about it quickly, or you will lose another subscriber.
Not impressed with this ‘magazine’.
I made the mistake of believing that this was a proper facsimile of the Sky at Night magazine, as I had subscribed to in the past, but it isn’t. It’s more like a collection of features and articles from the current edition, which totally loses its original look and feel.
Unfortunately, I foolishly bought a 12 month sub, which came with the proviso that I couldn’t cancel once I had used it - this didn’t bother me as I thought it was the proper magazine facsimile, so by the time I realised it wasn’t, it was too late.
BTW, I was not given a free trial, which would have solved the problem. I assume this was because I had subscribed in the past, but it was a different format then, so I’m not happy.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Immediate Media Company Limited
- 45.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Immediate Media Co 2011
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription £4.99
- Sky Weekly
- 12-Month Subscription £44.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.