••• Trusted by over 5M users worldwide •••
Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Also available for iPhone and iPad*
- Dark and Light mode support
- Optimized for Mac with M1
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
Fixed the problem with saving data on the latest OS versions
Ratings and Reviews
Great, unintrusive app for time management
The tiny footprint of this app is its highlight, for me. Nothing overblown, it just sits in my menu bar and allows me to organise my productivity easily.
That said, I would appreciate integration with other task-management apps, and this would make me be prepared to pay for the pro version. Given that my tasks are set out for the day in a task-management app, syncronisation with Be Focused would allow me save the time of setting up the tasks daily. This, I suppose, is a feature request however, and the app is great as it is.
Great tool for procrastinators and ADD
If like me you struggle to keep you attention focused on a task through to completion or find yourself easily distracted, then this app is a must have.
It’s definitely improved my work productivity since I began using it. A lot of apps for this purpose are overly-complicated, but the approach Be Focused has used is simplicity and yet clever with the red and green count down timer on the task bar. I like the 25/5 approach (25 minute work intervals with regular 5 minute breaks after each work interval). For me this works very well. 5 minute is just enough time to get away from desk to stretch your legs, or have a quick chat/check the news and coffee break etc, but Be Focused reminds you its time to start another 25 minute work interval after your 5 minute break count down is ended so there’s no danger your break becomes 1 hour!
I also like how the app counts the work intervals for a task to reach completion so you can keep track of how your work productivity time is being used or how long each work task takes.
I’m sure the paid version has a lot more fancy features (I haven’t checked it out) but the free version is well work trying if you struggle to get things done or are easily distracted.
Good pomodoro timer
I like this timer very much because it inlcudes a to-do list and allows to define the duration of work intervals and breaks. It is convenient to use and also provides some summary statistics about the number of work intervals. To improve this good timer further I have one suggestion, though: It would be great if it was possible to save the break time if a break is skipped. This would allow to take a longer break or an additional at a later point in time when a break has initially been skipped. The reason why I would this is that breaks sometimes come at a time when I would like to continue to work. Instead of skipping the break entirely, however, I would just like to postpone it somewhat.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 21.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.