Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes and due dates to tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Interactive notifications
- Widget in the Notification Center
- 3D Touch
- Supports Apple Watch
- One universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
- Mac version is also available
Upgrade to Pro version to:
- Sync data between iPhone, iPad and Mac *
- Use tags and filters to keep focussed
- Export data to a CSV file
- Auto backup your account data daily
- Integrate with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using urgent/important principle **
- Remove banners and ads
* Sync with Mac requires Be Focused Pro for macOS, sold separately.
** Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
Fixed the problem with saving data on the latest OS versions
Ratings and Reviews
This is an amazing app. I downloaded it yesterday to help me with me GCSE exams and it really enabled me to stay focused for extended periods of time. I love how you can choose the different time lengths that you want to study for because it makes me feel more motivated and focused and inspired to reach longer periods of time lengths. I also love how you can customise the break times, this means that I am able to decide how long I need a break for meaning I am not pressured to constantly be working within time limits. I feel much more happier and pleased to conduct more focused areas of revision.
Overall, 5 stars!!!
Insidious ad city
This would be a 5 star review but for one thing: adverts. And it’s not the showing of the adverts - it’s that even if you delete the app, clear everything from safari etc, when you login again the app will still remember the same ads it showed you before. So it’s annoying and untrustworthy, otherwise it could have been a good app. Avoid. Edit: the developer comment makes it worse. The issue is not the ads. The issue is the lack of privacy, it gets information about your preferences even if you delete it and clear safari. It still tailors ads based on your previous purchases on safari. Avoid harder. Second Edit: another developer comment that doesn’t reflect reality. I deleted my safari history, deleted BeFocused, added it again, and it still gave me ads from my usual clothes shops etc. Should be called BigBrotherFocused
Developer Response ,
There are no ads in the Pro version. We do not track your ads and do not share your data with anyone.
Really helpful app
I love it: keeps me focused for the whole day. The task sections are really well done-the only improvement would make make it so that it is possible to change what task a particular completed segment belonged to. (E.g. sometimes I leave it running on auto for four hours and forget to update which task I’m doing during that hour, and it says all four hours were ‘Task A’, it would be good if I could change some to ‘Task B‘ post the session ending)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denys Ievenko
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Xwavesoft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.