Beat Time plays audio & video and can change the tempo (time stretch) and/or pitch and does note & chord detection. It is aimed as a practice / study tool for musicians and as a helper tool for transcribing audio & video. Play audio & video from your iPod library, dropbox, iTunes file sharing or open from other apps.
"Beat Time! is a gem of an app that's just waiting for musicians around the world to discover it. It's almost to good to be true! You've got to check it out!!"
Dream Theater/Wizdom Music.
"I've used plenty of slow downer type apps, and this is among the best! It does what it says and does it well" Evp73
"It's amazing how you can hear virtually NO artefacts in the audio! Amazing!" jenius92000
Main app features:
• Time stretch video and audio from 1/4x to 2x without affecting pitch.
• Pitch shift audio and video up to an octave up or down.
• Natural pitch shifting, pitch shift a male voice keeping it sounding male, pitch shift a female voice keep it sounding female.
• High quality, state of the art, time stretching / pitch shifting using DIRAC technology.
• Pitch analysis for note & chord detection.
• Annotate the track with multiple markers.
• Seamless looping of segments in the track.
• Optionally pause between loops.
• Easy file transfer: Open audio/video files from any app that supports iOS "Open In..." menu.
• Play YouTube videos.
• Open tracks from your iPod audio, video library or video camera roll
• Export time stretched / pitch shifted audio or movies.
• Universal application (iPhone/iPod/iPad).
• Supports video and audio formats that are playable using iOS music/video player, including: mp4, m4v, m4a, mp3, WAV, mov, (AVI provided it's mpeg 4 encoded)
See Jordan Rudess playing with Beat Time! at http://bit.ly/GO67NQ
- General fixes
- Faster video loading - fix video load hang
Ratings and Reviews
Great, with help
A recent update took away functionality. Happily, the developer is able to help, returning the app to being very useful.
Having stumbled through this with little or no help, guides or videos etc, I now can’t understand the distinct lack of awareness of this utility. There’s nothing on Google, YouPube videos or anything about this outside of the App itself - however; this has the most incredible algorithm of any similar utility I’ve ever used; it’s quite remarkable just how much you can alter the speed or pitch whilst retaining the original audio fidelity - then exporting files or selected areas makes it an invaluable resource for finding progressions as both single-notes and backing chords, and it also detects chords outside of the standard chromatic scale. It’s awesome, it should be brought to the attention of every musician or keen student!
It worked great for a couple of months. One day it stopped extracting songs. It works on random videos that I don’t want, but if it’s a track off an album or a single, it doesn’t work at all. Very frustrating as I used to use it to make music and play along to.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guy Shaviv
- 41.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Tiv Studio
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.