Keep track of countries and US states that you have visited. The app visualizes the visited countries both as a list, along with a ratio for each continent, and as a world map. The list is synced across devices using iCloud. The map can be shared on social networks, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, using the standard iOS sharing functionality.
NOTE: For users who are having problems adding countries to the world map: Tap the + button in the upper left of the World tab.
Feel free to give us feedback on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Our username on Instagram and Twitter is @been_app. On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beenapp
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
iPhone X support.
Ratings and Reviews
Cool app. Does what it says. Could have more things
(It's a shame the developer looks like they're no longer updating this app)
- Cool, catchy, easy name. Been 👍
- I like the orange colour scheme.
- I like the 3D view
- Easy to select/Navigate trough app
- I like that the map gets bigger when you rotate the phone
I can't be bothered to to review in depth so here is a summary:
- The App overall feels a bit static, there is a slight disconnect between myself and the app/places I have visited. This is due to a mixture of
- Not being able to zoom in on countries/continents on the map/globe.
- There is a separate Category for States visited in the USA.... other countries have states/districts/cities etc, so it would be great to have this feature for other countries aswell...
- Not being able to select EXSACTLY were I've been to..
- Having parts of the country/islands selected that I haven't even been too (for ex. I select Spain, & Tenerife pops up... that's a whole separate island to the main one - idk, that just feels weird to me.)
Maybe, instead of the USA category, you could turn it into a 'Pin Point' or 'Zoom in' category where we can zoom in on certain countries and, like what you've done with the USA, let us select what states/cities/towns, we've visited inside that country 👍
That's all I can think of to improve.
Love this app and have BEEN using for several years to track my adventures. Couldn’t see where to leave feedback so added a few points below:
- Saint Helena should be listed under Africa not Oceania
- Add South Georgia & British Virgin Islands as they are B.O.T. just like the Falklands are
- Have a different colour to chose which countries want to visit (understand this goes against ‘Been’ as it becomes ‘want to’ but would save having lists in a notebook!)
Will definitely continue to use the app and getting many of my friends to join too 😉
Good, minor improvements needed
I wish that there was an option to separately select the countries which I want to visit; it’d be nice to visualise this rather than have a list in my notes.
Another improvement, though I’m not too bothered about this, would be if you could post pictures for each country, so if you clicked on the country name that you’ve been to, you can centralise your photos of that country, in the app.
A very good, simple, sleek looking app nonetheless.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apparata AB
- 5.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Martin Johannesson, Elin Karasalo, Johanna Tuuf, Hanna Karasalo