Keep track of your visits.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Keep track of countries and US states that you have visited, and if you wish, also when you visited. The app visualizes the visited countries both as a list, along with a ratio for each continent, and as a world map. The map can be shared on social networks, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, using the standard iOS sharing functionality. You can compare your map with friends that also have the app, by sharing your map with them.
- If you miss the old look of the app, you can enable Classic Mode to get the old experience back. We hope you will like the new experience though, as we will continue to improve it.
There is a Premium Mode in the app that you can unlock, if you wish, by a single ONE-TIME In-App Purchase. It unlocks all features in the app.
Features unlocked with Premium Mode:
- In addition to states and regions in the US, with Premium, you can select regions in 25+ countries.
- Select cities and airports.
- More 3D globe filters.
- More visualizers, such as a chronologic map.
- Add local profiles, to allow for multiple maps and country selections.
- More detailed comparisons with more information.
- Share your timeline as a video.
Feel free to give us feedback on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Our username on Instagram and Twitter is @been_app. On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beenapp
- Feature (Premium mode): By popular demand, you can now search for an airport by its IATA code directly from the top level selection screen, instead of first selecting a country and then searching for the airport in that country's list of airports. Some might think this sounds like a no-brainer, but it was actually more like a two-, or maybe even three-, brainer, according to the developer who added the feature. He said it was "Something databases something something". Sounded complicated anyway.
- Fix (Premium mode): Several users pointed out that Northern Ireland isn't really located somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, unlike what the Map Pins visualization indicated. We figured they might be on to something, so we moved Northern Ireland so that it is now located in Northern Ireland.
Ratings and Reviews
A great way to keep track of where you’ve been, what dates, mode of transport and with who (using comments). Would be amazing for this information to sync back to an online account/server where you could then view the information online in a webpage and even update it from there too and/or compare with other friends based on this information being stored on a DB? Maybe even have a system where people can see how many other users of “been” have also been to a location/country before like a sort of scoreboard/ranking system. Deleting/editing regions/cities should be easier (swiping from the country screen) but apart from that it would be a 5/5 for me. It must have been quite an undertaking getting all the cities/airports/regions in so well done and hopefully the app continues to get more features. As a developer myself I know how much must have been involved to get the app from where it was to where it is now. I have purchased the premium version to support my fellow devs.
Cool app. Does what it says. Could have more things
(It's a shame the developer looks like they're no longer updating this app)
- Cool, catchy, easy name. Been 👍
- I like the orange colour scheme.
- I like the 3D view
- Easy to select/Navigate trough app
- I like that the map gets bigger when you rotate the phone
I can't be bothered to to review in depth so here is a summary:
- The App overall feels a bit static, there is a slight disconnect between myself and the app/places I have visited. This is due to a mixture of
- Not being able to zoom in on countries/continents on the map/globe.
- There is a separate Category for States visited in the USA.... other countries have states/districts/cities etc, so it would be great to have this feature for other countries aswell...
- Not being able to select EXSACTLY were I've been to..
- Having parts of the country/islands selected that I haven't even been too (for ex. I select Spain, & Tenerife pops up... that's a whole separate island to the main one - idk, that just feels weird to me.)
Maybe, instead of the USA category, you could turn it into a 'Pin Point' or 'Zoom in' category where we can zoom in on certain countries and, like what you've done with the USA, let us select what states/cities/towns, we've visited inside that country 👍
That's all I can think of to improve.
Love this app and have BEEN using for several years to track my adventures. Couldn’t see where to leave feedback so added a few points below:
- Saint Helena should be listed under Africa not Oceania
- Add South Georgia & British Virgin Islands as they are B.O.T. just like the Falklands are
- Have a different colour to chose which countries want to visit (understand this goes against ‘Been’ as it becomes ‘want to’ but would save having lists in a notebook!)
Will definitely continue to use the app and getting many of my friends to join too 😉
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apparata AB
- 68.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Apparata AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features £1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.