Provides BFBS TV services to members of the British Forces, including their dependents and other entitled users serving overseas.
The service includes a growing line up of 30+ UK TV channels with extra channels designed exclusively for the Forces. These are intended for viewers serving or posted outside of the UK and access is restricted within the UK, apart from the Forces TV channel.
To use the app and the services you must be a serving member of the British Forces and use your Defence Gateway account to authenticate your log in. The App is not intended for unsupervised use by minors.
To allow full access to BFBS TV overseas and on deployed operations, you may set your VPN to a PED green country other than the UK, in accordance with the PJHQ PED Policy.
Platform upgrade and minor UI improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stream doesn’t work
This App promises so much but is failing to deliver. The live football has never worked in the few attempts I’ve made. The best I can get is a few minutes and then a black screen with the sound still in the background.
Curate’s egg. Good in parts
The user interface is pretty bombproof, however in use, the app has limited utility. Like all things involving data it is reliant on 2 things.
1. A big enough pipe; users with a slow internet link can look forward to dropped programmes, frozen screens and the buffering icon twirling continuously.
2. Capacity; those hoping to watch live sport/ a big game/international match need to be mindful that so too does everyone else. The capacity of BFBS to support the viewing pleasure of it’s outlying users is oft overmatched on these occasions, leading to at best, intermittent service or, more often, no service.
Overall the app isn’t too bad if you are in a big location with a lot of internet capacity. If not, then I’m afraid you will be continuously disappointed. The only way to support this internet disadvantaged community is via a satellite tv system. Sorry, but you cannot change the laws of physics.
Trouble streaming live football
Great app, easy to navigate, useful features, high quality streaming, great selection of channels. Only issue is that on occasion, when streaming live sports, the audio will work but there’ll be no picture. Happens mostly with football.
Would recommend app.
- The Services Sound and Vision Corporation
- 69.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Icelandic, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © SSVC 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.