Binky is the most stress-free social media app ever! Think about all those times when you want to scroll through a feed on your phone, but you don't want to read depressing news articles or see photos from people who seem happier than you. Binky gives you the incessant micro-thrills of scrolling through stuff, never knowing what's coming next, without all the hassle. And the things you do in Binky don't end up on a server somewhere for the world to see. It's all the fun of social media with all the privacy you wish you had!
* An infinite list of random stuff (we call them "Binks"), with pictures. You won't care about some of them, but others will give you a fleeting feeling of satisfaction -- just like a real app!
* Each Bink has a Like button so that you can like it, just like a real app!
* Swipe left or right on Binks, because it's weirdly satisfying, just like a real app!
* Leave a comment! Unlike a real app, you don't have to stress about what to say. Just mash the keyboard and Binky will think of an appropriate comment for you! Where's THAT feature, Facebook?
* A "share" button that doesn't do anything!
* Scroll through over a thousand Binks, including: sawdust, Sam Cooke, rutabagas, laser tag, merman, mascara, puddles, and elbow.
If you read all the way through that last bullet point, you're already hooked. Download it today!
* A system keyboard that lets you leave Binky-style comments on any app!
* Clickable hashtags!
* More generic comments and hashtags!
* New binks! Sea Urchin, Milkshake, Coupons and many more!
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever
Fed up with the hollowness and cultural bankruptcy of social media? Use Binky - all the bankruptcy you love but refreshingly straightforward about it. Bonus: It's actually fun to use.
Developer Response ,
This. So much this. 👹😹😔💅☂️
Needs trivia / facts !
This is so great, but to really make it a useful nicotine patch for social media if needs to have a little more substance in the content. If there was a little trivia fact or article or something (from Wikipedia?) for each picture, so you can click on ones you like and reveal a caption (and / or see more photos of it), that would feel like a much more authentic replica of real social media, and therefore be a more effective tool to help with withdrawal. Also, it would be educational! At the moment the simple experience of just scrolling past images with no text isn't quite replicating my social media fix. There was one image that is of some weird cracker from the 1800s which was given to the army as long-lasting food but actually it always got full of worms. It got the nickname "worm castles". The picture happens to have a little caption at the bottom with that story, as the image is of a museum exhibit. It was noticeable to me how much *better* and more satisfying the experience of the app was when there was that little trivia fact to read, rather than just a photo of an object or person with no info. I hope you develop this app further as its a brilliant idea and I would really like to use it as a serious alternative to social app browsing 🙃 thanks and peace out X o X o
- Dan Kurtz
- 25.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Dan Kurtz
- In-App Purchases
- Binky Donation £1.99
- Binky Donation £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.