We have a big update for you today, here are just some of the highlights:
• Dark Mode! Yep we support iOS13 Dark Mode setting! If you don't have iOS 13, you can still use dark mode by setting it manually in the app under the "My Account" tab.
• Saving a Tag! Finding related content using tags is great, but now you can save your favourite tags to get to that content even faster.
• Discover Updates! Access your saved Tags and saved Authors from the Discover view and we also gave Discover a quick lick of paint too.
• Stability improvements across the board, especially for legacy iOS devices.
• Many smaller UI and code improvements to make your experience better.
We have even more in the pipeline as well, exciting times, so stay tuned!
Ratings and Reviews
Love the new update
The app has a fresh new look, not too many ads and is relevant to where I live. You can follow journalists and get news on what areas of the city you are interested in. Only feature i would like is to reorder the tabs so you can get to what you want to read first without having to scroll across. Good job apps team!
Utterly hopeless, clickbait, censored tat
To call this a local news app is a travesty. Crammed with clickbait and dross stories with no relevance to the region. Crammed with ‘celebrity’ (in the loosest possible sense) tat. Milks genuine news stories for weeks at a time, multiple times a day. All with a slightly anti-authority left wing slant to appease it’s Daily Mirror owners. The very worst aspect of this app is the almost impossibly censored comment section. Now I get that there are potential issues with this but it clearly uses some sort of keyword algorithm. Which is patently broken and programmed by a frightened student. It places even the most innocuous or sensible comments under permanent review, while still allowing some to make blatantly racist or abusive comments unchecked. This is the reason it’s full of multi 3 word posts by the same authors who get around it by splitting their messages. Pointless, depressing and makes the site ultra scruffy. And don’t start me on spelling and grammar... Avoid!
Don’t challenge MIrror Group Newspapers take on the news
Mirror Group news who have created this app own scores of local Newspapers. You will find that once your register to comment on you local paper, ie Birmingham Mail,you’ll be able to make comments on papers al over the country.
If you decide to make any remark contrary to the ethos of the Centre left Labour supporting company your comment will go into moderation and effectively you will be banned.
This is what will happen if Comrade Corbyn gets elected.
Strangely the app appears to let people make fascist rascist and islamaphobic comments without any action being taken.
The quality of the articles leave a lot to be desired and to be quite honest many of these reporters will never get to work on a big national daily.
Also very very random video clips are inserted into articles that actually do not appear to have any particular relevance
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 70.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.