Welcome to the future of travel. You’re a few taps away from a ride at your doorstep. Or, if you’d rather drive, the least expensive journey you’ve ever made.
Forget dragging your luggage to the bus stop. Forget transfers. Forget about breaking the bank for a weekend away.
With us, you just connect with someone nearby who’s going your way. Someone who wants to share the ride. So you can both save your time and money for what’s important.
On top of your own car insurance, benefit from additional insurance cover, free of charge, in partnership with AXA.
Share. Drive. Save.
• Publish your ride in seconds
• Decide who goes with you
• Enjoy the least expensive ride you’ve ever made
Want to go somewhere?
Book. Meet. Go.
• Search for a ride going anywhere you want to go
• Find the ride closest to you, maybe one leaving from just around the corner.
• Book a seat instantly or request a seat
• Get closer to where you want to go.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
In this version of BlaBlaCar, we've made a few tweaks and done a bit of fine-tuning to make the app even easier to use!
Ratings and Reviews
Good but not excellent
I love the concept of BlaBlaCar, I really do... but it could be much better if you restored some of the older features:
- It used to be possible to contact the drivers for free; now it is only possible when paying a fee. Why the fee? You already get commission from every booking, this is honestly a bit greedy and it puts you in a bad light;
- it would be much more useful and less unnerving if a searches with no date were feasible: not everyone have to go from A to B on a specific date, so for flexible date journeys it would be so much convenient to make a simple A to B search and get all the results at once... currently you can only search one date in one search and that’s a bit of a waste of time. I believe this used to be possible and now it’s now anymore?
With these simple tweaks I’d give the app 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks a lot for the feedback, I’ve shared it with the relevant team. If you enter the earliest date and time that you could travel, we'll show all the future rides available from this time onwards. Pedro from BlaBlaCar
Disappointing won’t be using again.
Was looking for a bla-bla car for my mum going back from our holiday together after her coach got cancelled a couple of days before her travelling back. Bla-bla car now offers a lot more rides that we can book on which is great until we find out from the driver that they don’t actually stop anywhere near the town which is meant to be the starting point so I end up having to ask several drivers after I had already paid of course if they would stop there which they refuse and reimburse me. After 3 days of a total debacle i end up having to buy her a train ticket for twice the price...only for her train to be cancelled again! Knowing that ouibus, bla-bla car and SNCF are all linked to the same company it’s shocking. One of the drivers still has had curtesy of replying one week later.
No I do not recommend BlaBlaCar and no I will not be using it again.
No certainty at all
I wouldn’t recommend this. Price usually works out more expensive then plane ticket so I would think it’s mostly for people who need to move something... (In my case 2 puppies) BUT there isn’t any certainty- you confirm journey and it can be canceled any time! I got mine canceled a day before leaving which was extremely stressful... I had to find someone else last minute with whom I experienced the poorest communication ever and asking for more money then we previously agreed... I have to say I wouldn’t be probably able to move my doggies abroad for cheaper but this was such a bad overall experience wouldn’t do it again. I understand that “blablacar” can’t be responsible for the drivers attitude.... but should have the money/obligation part sorted... otherwise don’t see much point
Developer Response ,
Hello! We're sorry to hear that the other member cancelled at the last minute. When this happens, you can report them from their Profile or Messages. Just tap Report this member. This helps us closely monitor members who do this regularly and take further action. Pedro from BlaBlaCar
- 204.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 BlaBlaCar
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.