Highly versatile analog polyphonic stereo synthesizer with arpeggiator, modulations, filters, motion sequencer & FXs.
Smooth & stable, full MPE and AUv3 compatibility.
The BLEASS Alpha Synth is a virtual analog polyphonic stereo synthesizer inspired by classic analog synths and enhanced by the BLEASS’ very own musical and technical approach.
The Alpha is a highly versatile Synthesizer that aims at bringing new ways of designing and playing an infinite constellation of sounds in the iOS music making universe.
The BLEASS Alpha Synth offers many features that all musicians and producers alike will enjoy using in their music making process:
SIMPLE & INTUITIVE INTERFACE: follow the direction of the audio signal : design your own synth sounds by tweaking each panel, from left to right.
VISUALISE YOUR SOUND : thanks to its user-friendly visual filters, sliders, LFOs and envelopes, quickly understand how to design your own presets.
CPU EFFICIENT: how many times have you experienced crackling sounds while making music in the studio or on stage? The BLEASS Alpha Synth aims at offering a smooth & steady experience on iPhones and iPads, whether used as standalone or as an Audio Unit (AUv3) into your favorite DAW.
A UNIQUE MOTION SEQUENCER inspired by modular synthesizers brings a new dimension to your pads, leads and sequences by offering a large amount of rhythmic and expressive modulation possibilities and which can be coupled with the arpeggiator.
UPCOMING UPGRADES AND NEW PRESETS: The BLEASS team has partnered with many artists & sound designers in order to continuously improve the BLEASS experience, so watch out for upcoming updates bringing more features and new presets!
Technical specifications :
Synth Engine :
- Mono / Polyphonic synthesizer
- MPE Compatible: Timbre & Pressure parameters
- More than 200+ factory presets as well as over 220+ additional presets
- Built-in arpeggiator with beat sync
- BLEASS’s Motion Sequencer for rhythmic & expressive modulation
- 2 stereo + 1 mono fine-tunable oscillators with variable waveshapes & pulse widths
- Phase control on stereo oscillators for wide stereo
- Unison settings multiplying oscillators per voice
- Cross & ring modulation between oscillators
- Modulation wheel has destination control
- Hard sync
- 1 noise source
- 2 LFOs per voice with multiple waveforms & multiple modulation targets
- 2 variable state filters with drive settings
- 3 ADSR with multiple modulation targets
- assignable modulations targets for the Modwheel
- modulation destinations : Volume, Pan, Pitch, Osc3Level, Vibrato Amount, LFOs, Cutoff, Res., OscMix, OscXMod, RingLevel, OscPW, OscWave, OscPitch...
- Vibrato parameters : speed & amount
- Master Detune parameter
- Advanced presets management: import / export multiple presets, assign category, rename, edit
Built-in Effects :
- Delay with filter and ping-pong effect
- Reverb with length, filter and color control
- Built-In Keyboard with pitch-bend and modulation wheel
- Midi compatible
- Midi over Bluetooth
- Audio Unit V3 compatible
- Ableton Link
- Bluetooth Audio
- 200+ factory presets designed by our dear friends Jordan Rudess, Mark Lion, Torley, La Phaze, Nu-Trix, Electronisounds, the Garageband Guide, the Beat Community... (More presets to come along with the upcoming updates!)
- Store your own presets and share it across the Standalone and AUv3
- MPE Pressure uses Force Touch (for compatible devices)
audio engine minor fix
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was surprised how much I’ve been enjoying this synth. Yes, there are a few things I would like as extras such as different routes into the filters or delay of the LFOs, but I can work around these.
I have found a bug, but have reported that and it’s not a killer for the most part.
The pros definitely out way the cons and I’m enjoying the results a lot, although some string patches I’ve made can kill my Air2 at times, but that’s par for the course these days as apps get more resource hungry and iPads get better.
I would normally give this say 4 stars, as all apps can be improved, but I’m giving it 5 because in conjunction with your wonderful fx apps, the whole is just a fantastic resulting sound fest and your work deserves high praise.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your good feedback!
Also thanks for getting back to us regarding the motion sequencer issue, which will be fixed in the next upcoming update!
Truly an Alpha Synth!
I never do this - especially on a release day - but today is different: Alpha synth by name alpha synth by design. Buy this NOW. ‘Nuff said.
Worked fine at first
Now I repeatedly get messages that it will not load in GarageBand. Frustrating because it was an awesome app when it worked but an expensive thing not to work!
Received a message from the developer saying that the app works fine and that I should delete and reinstall GarageBand which I did. Same problem persists. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. For the price paid, I would expect it to work reliably. I’d advise other customers to be wary.
PS: Deleting GB also deleted the data associated to it so I lost several files as a result. That was my error for not backing up first!
Developer Response ,
We are sorry that you have not found any solution to your GarageBand issue yet. Have you reached the GarageBand support team.
We can help you if you reach the dev support on the following email : feedback (at) bleass.com
It would be great if you could send us an email with more information, screenshots to show us your problem and we will see how we can help you out!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 36 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © BLEASS 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Torley Preset Pack £3.99
- Red Sky Lullaby Preset Pack £2.99
- MPE Preset Pack #1 £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.