BlockuDoku is a fabulous combination of sudoku and block puzzle games. It's a simple yet challenging puzzle you won’t be able to put aside.
Match blocks to complete lines and squares to get them removed. Keep the board clean and beat your high score.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Drop the blocks on the 9x9 grid.
- Fill up lines and squares to keep the board clean.
- Complete Daily Challenges and get unique trophies.
- Destroy several elements at once to make a Combo.
- Make several successful moves in a row to get a Streak.
- Beat your high score and compete with other players in Game Centre.
- Customise the game with the theme you like.
HOW TO BECOME A BLOCKUDOKU MASTER?
• There is no time limit, so no rush. Think one step ahead if you have to face a difficult move. It might be your last one.
• Try to place blocks on the board to destroy lines or 3x3 squares with every move in order not to fill up the board.
• Find your zen by balancing between destroying figures as quickly as possible and getting as many combos and streaks as you can to score higher.
• Score more points by making streaks. The emptier the board is – the better for you!
• It's always risky to wait for a good block – you may quickly run out of moves. When you see a chance to destroy any figure, do it.
Relieve stress, or train your brain with a relaxing, yet challenging, game of BlockuDoku anywhere, any time!
- Performance and stability improvements.
We hope you enjoy playing BlockuDoku. We read all your reviews carefully to make the game even better for you. Please leave us some feedback to let us know why you love this game and what you'd like us to improve in it. Keep your mind active with BlockuDoku!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Random not always best
I love the idea of the game but I think the experience and strategy side of it could be enhanced.
1. Random piece selection by the engine makes life difficult because there are so many pieces so you can’t build with the expectation of a specific shape coming up because the odds are too low. Some shapes are more difficult to play with so this could be improved by keeping it random but tilting the probabilities away from the tough pieces slightly and towards the easy pieces.
2.. also random means you can get the same shape twice or even (rarely) three times. These can be extra difficult to place. The engine could only be able to pick a shape once in each three piece cycle.
3. Finally it is possible to go multiple turns where line or box creation is simply impossible. A lovely board can turn ugly in three turns. The engine could randomly decide if this each turn will be a normal random turn or if it is a ‘friendly” turn where some combination of the pieces on offer will form a line or box if you look hard enough to find it.
The game is great and I would like the current version to remain as an option for “totally random play” but I suspect that the above tilts would maintain the integrity of a random tile selection process but shift the game more towards the use of tactics and skill and away from dealing with the random slings of fate.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for such detailed feedback. We are working hard to improve our app and make it an enjoyable one. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us, we appreciate it! We'll consider your suggestions for future versions of the app!
A salty experience
You have a sudoku tile map, 9x9 and each turn you get 3 shapes to put together to get rid of them. However, you can’t plan because you don’t know what is next and you can’t strategise a pattern because you cannot turn shapes. In fact you get your 3 pieces of shapes and the best you can hope for is to get rid os something leaving odd tiles everywhere. This would be fine if you could actually do something about it but you are literally stuck with what you get given. But it doesn’t end there. Instead of randomly selecting shapes, you begin the game with single, double and triple size pieces which you can stick anywhere with little effect and then as soon as you have created spaces to fit things like a left corner, it then gives you impossible pieces only such 3 right corners or lengths that 5 pieces long when there isn’t space for it. A clever puzzle will make it hard, a dumb one will make it impossible. Often this game gives you 3 pieces of which none are even usable. Game over.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedback! The shapes you get are random. Think one step ahead if you have to face a difficult move. It might be your last one. We'll consider your comment for future improvements, thank you. If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the app, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Radio and podcast apps stop when you open it
Great game but it is so annoying that radio and sound apps on my iPhone 8 stop when you open it. Big battery drainer when on in background...30%. There is a fantastic review here about the toughness of the game as you progress as they deal you the hardest pieces as you progress, rather than random. In other words it is unforgiving. I still have a highest score of over 2300. It would be good to see an average score and how you compare to others. Maybe you could opt into a league system with others. Best of 20 games maybe.
Also they advertise this as a way to test your IQ and it quotes numbers. I was expecting to be given my IQ after playing.
If you want a high score you need to look at every opportunity to place a piece and take any block or line every time. If you don’t you are buggered
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience with the sound and battery issue. Our team is investigating these issues and we hope we can fix it soon.
Please note we have a leaderboard, where you can see the records of players around the world and share your score. You can access it if you log in via the Game Center.
Prank Mode is the one that shows IQ increasing and decreasing instead of scores you get. To activate it, please open the app's Settings and turn on the Prank Mode switcher. But please, don't take it seriously, it does not display your real IQ, just a comic way to show your scores in the game.
Kindly let us know via the Help in the app if you have any questions. We'll be happy to help!
- EASYBRAIN LTD
- 237.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Easybrain Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads £4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.