Boat Watch - Ship Tracking 4+
Ferry, cargo & cruise ships
Pocket Mariner Ltd.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Ever wanted to know more about ships and boats, or track a vessel around the globe? Boat Watch lets you spot and identify boats and ships in an instant.
An optional In-App purchase even sends you alerts when a boat you track sets sail or arrives - perfect for people with loved ones at sea, for tracking ferries and rescue vessels - or following cargo across the world!
Boat Watch is a free app, which offers...
* Spot any boat or ship via real-time AIS network
* See the name, type and destination of each vessel
* Set any boat as a favorite, and track it on the map
* Search and find boats and places
Optional In-App Upgrade Purchases adds...
Pro upgrade ( one time purchase):-
* Full boat information - picture, speed, where its from, etc.
* Show boats' recent tracks
* Set multiple favorite boats, to find them easily
* Get alerts when a tracked boat arrives or departs
* OpenSeaMap charts with buoys, lighthouses & shipping lanes
Live View upgrade ( one time purchase):-
*Augmented Reality view to identify and spot boats using your camera
*View boats true to scale and with Apple Maps amazing 3D views when zoomed in
Fleet upgrade ( subscription):
* Fleet - set and receive arrival and departure alerts for multiple boats
Boat Watch also gives you the option to buy official NOAA nautical charts for the US and UKHO Admiralty derived charts for the UK&IE so you get the same view of the ocean as the ship's navigator. See the shipping channels, buoys, lights and hazards and why a ship is taking a particular route.
Our ship coverage is global and amongst the best in the world. You can find out how our system works and check our coverage here :-
Pocket Mariner are committed to providing great customer service and continually improve our Boat Watch apps. If you have any questions please email us via email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
The "Fleet upgrade " subscription is yearly and will automatically renew at the end of the subscription period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase, and will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the iTunes account holder and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
NOT FOR NAVIGATION
Boat Watch should only be used for basic navigation reference and should not be solely relied upon to determine precise locations, proximity, distance, or direction.
- Improved BoatWatch Apple Watch app with new Compass Radar display - point your watch towards a ship to see what it is.
- 3D mode - You can now tilt the map and also view the Apple Map 3D scenery (where available) around the boats ( map in satellite or hybrid mode).
- Rotate - Map can now be rotated using 2 finger rotate gesture. Tap on the compass to reset to north up.
- User guide now available in multiple languages
Ratings and Reviews
Hours of entertainment and info
For an amateur watching boats pass by our patch of Portuguese coast and curious about their size, name, route and general purpose, this app is a goldmine of information, sometimes even with a photo. Example being a large sailing yacht regatta I saw start off today and have tracked heading for the straits of Gibraltar.
Accurate and easy to use.
I read some of the reviews about ships not being displayed or having a time lag. I live on the coast near Dover so installed the free version and by sheer chance there was a cargo ship displayed as being opposite my house, so I looked out the bedroom window and there it was going past so I upgraded to the paid version.
Out of order?
Southampton never a problem but very often nothing shown when looking at ports in the M.ed. Sometimes a port will show ships one day then nothing for days after.
Why does app now close after looking at one port so having to start up again. Used to be ok now annoying.
Developer Response ,
The app shouldn't close like that. If you are still having a problem please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist further. We rely on a network of shore based AIS aerials to pick up the ship positions and although our coverage is amongst the best in the industry we are always working to improve it. You can read more about our coverage and how we are working to improve it here:- https://pocketmariner.com/ais-ship-tracking/cover-your-area/
All the best the Pocket Mariner crew
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Mariner Ltd.
- 27.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Pocket Mariner Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade £4.99
- Live View £4.99
- UK & IE Marine Charts £4.99
- Fleet Upgrade £4.99
- NOAA US Charts £4.99