Keen to try Book Creator? This app allows you to create one book. Unlock unlimited books (and comic templates!) with the in-app purchase.
For schools, we recommend our full app "Book Creator for iPad". Schools can get the app for half price with Apple's Volume Purchase Programme.
*** THE No.1 Book creation app for the iPad in 90+ countries ***
Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 30 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children's picture books, photo books, comic books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you're done, share your book with ease, or even publish it to the iBooks Store!
- Book Creator makes ebook publishing easy - wired.com
- One of the Top 50 Apps for the iPad - The Guardian
- Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award
* Add text, choosing from 50 fonts on the iPad.
* Add photos and images from your iPad's photo library, from the web, or use the iPad's Camera.
* Resize, rotate and position images as you like with guidelines and snap positioning.
* Add video and music, and even record your voice.
* Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book.
* Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes.
* Have Siri read your book to you in multiple languages with the Reading mode.
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK:
* Send your book by email.
* AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or Macbook.
* Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more).
* Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web.
* Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF.
* Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes.
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
See examples of published books at pinterest.com/bookcreator
NOTE - FIXED LAYOUT EBOOKS:
Book Creator supports iBooks' fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Fixed layout books are not suitable if you want to create novels, where text flows from page to page. You will not be able to copy in large amounts of text from other documents.
FIRST CLASS SUPPORT:
- The app includes a Getting Started manual, plus we have an online support forum at bookcreator.com/support with how-to articles and email support.
- We love to talk via Twitter - say hello @BookCreatorApp
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM:
Book Creator is open-ended, creative and cross curriculum, and is one of the most popular iPad apps for teachers across the world.
“Book Creator sits atop my list of the best educational apps. I’ve used Book Creator with learners of all ages, from kindergarten to adults. Its simplicity is refreshing, allowing authors to focus on their content.”
- Tony Vincent, Learning and Technology Consultant, learninginhand.com
“Book Creator is one of the most powerful tools I’ve seen to help turn reading and writing into a fun, collaborative project, that even kids who struggle will just love doing.”
- Vicki Davis, @CoolCatTeacher
“I love this app. It’s an incredibly powerful app with a deceptively easy to use interface. One of the three iPad apps every elementary school should buy.”
- Dan Callahan, Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 with 1:1 iPads
“A must for anyone in education. I love this app!”
- Joe Moretti, Apple UK Education Mentor
Read case studies and lesson plans from teachers using Book Creator at bookcreator.com/blog.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, but there is one thing that could be improved:
I love this app, one of my favourites out there, but once you’ve finished writing, you have to press done for it to save. So on multiple occasions I’ve clicked off of my writing and lost pages of works that I have to re-do as I just clicked off the writing instead of pressing ‘done’.
I think if the feature that if you click out of it (your writing) without pressing ‘done’ it won’t save is taken out, it would be a solid 5 stars.
However, if you are just starting out, or if you’re someone who (like me) has been writing books for ages, this is an AMAZING app. That one feature just should be taken out for it to be perfect.
Best app out there!
I love to write books and this is the best app for that. I have tried all others but I can’t seem to find them as good as book creator. You can add in images easily and put the text where you want it and organise the chapters well! I have already written a book and have deleted the pictures and writing from the tutorial so now I can write in that book and have 2 books to write not just one. I wish we didn’t have to pay for more then 2 books though as some people really want to write more but they can’t and this is the only good app out there for writing. The only problem besides that is that I can export my book to IBooks as an EPub but then when I got to 70 pages it wouldn’t work anymore and just wouldn’t download.
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THIS APP AND IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU MUST UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION!!!!!!!😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
BEST APP EVER
I’m not being harsh but, with the fact that you actually have to pay to make good quality books is ridiculous and I think you should update it so that people who install the app don’t have to pay for it because that is what bugs me. On the other hand I did give it a one star rating because it allows you to make at least one book for free. But I’ve showed my mum and dad and they said to not bother with it because you shouldn’t waste money on stuff like that, even if is for school. And yes i have installed the app and tried out making my first book. And no I’m not going to finish it. Another thing that bugs me is, its a bit strange how you have two apps even though they’re technically the same because you have to pay. That’s the end of my review, i would like it if you respond.
- Tools for Schools Limited
- 204.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tools for Schools Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Book Creator Upgrade £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.