Keen to try Book Creator? This app allows you to create one book. Unlock unlimited books (and comic templates!) with the in-app purchase.
For schools, we recommend our full app "Book Creator for iPad" with unlimited books and no in-app purchases.
*** THE No.1 Book creation app for the iPad in 90+ countries ***
Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 30 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children's picture books, photo books, comic books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you're done, share your book with ease, or even publish it to the iBooks Store!
- Book Creator makes ebook publishing easy - wired.com
- One of the Top 50 Apps for the iPad - The Guardian
- Winner of a Parents' Choice Gold Award
* Add text, choosing from 50 fonts on the iPad.
* Add photos and images from your iPad's photo library, from the web, or use the iPad's Camera.
* Resize, rotate and position images as you like with guidelines and snap positioning.
* Add video and music, and even record your voice.
* Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book.
* Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes.
* Have Siri read your book to you in multiple languages with the Reading mode.
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK:
* Send your book by email.
* AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or Macbook.
* Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more).
* Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web.
* Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF.
* Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes.
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
See examples of published books at pinterest.com/bookcreator
NOTE - FIXED LAYOUT EBOOKS:
Book Creator supports iBooks' fixed layout format, including double page images and soundtracks. Fixed layout books are not suitable if you want to create novels, where text flows from page to page. You will not be able to copy in large amounts of text from other documents.
FIRST CLASS SUPPORT:
- The app includes a Getting Started manual, plus we have an online support forum at bookcreator.com/support with how-to articles and email support.
- We love to talk via Twitter - say hello @BookCreatorApp
PERFECT FOR THE CLASSROOM:
Book Creator is open-ended, creative and cross curriculum, and is one of the most popular iPad apps for teachers across the world.
“Book Creator sits atop my list of the best educational apps. I’ve used Book Creator with learners of all ages, from kindergarten to adults. Its simplicity is refreshing, allowing authors to focus on their content.”
- Tony Vincent, Learning and Technology Consultant, learninginhand.com
“Book Creator is one of the most powerful tools I’ve seen to help turn reading and writing into a fun, collaborative project, that even kids who struggle will just love doing.”
- Vicki Davis, @CoolCatTeacher
“I love this app. It’s an incredibly powerful app with a deceptively easy to use interface. One of the three iPad apps every elementary school should buy.”
- Dan Callahan, Instructional Technology Specialist K-5 with 1:1 iPads
“A must for anyone in education. I love this app!”
- Joe Moretti, Apple UK Education Mentor
Read case studies and lesson plans from teachers using Book Creator at bookcreator.com/blog.
Ratings and Reviews
Great. But really spending money on a book app
Ok i get it i get it not everything has to be free but still this much just to write more than one book it seems a bit much. I’d be happy if instead you couldn’t use some of the tools not just limit you from writing. Like the fact you have to pay to make comics that’s good i just really hate ho you make one book and then boom pay wall
So while I was downloading this app, I was reading through a lot of the reviews. I am surprised that people are complaining this much! I understand that you have to pay to get more than one book, however when I downloaded it I had very low expectations, based on the reviews. However, I started to write down some stuff, and the app does work very well!
Even though you can only make one book, It can be as many pages long as you want, which means you can make a real story!
I have one suggestion of how to use this app. I have a big exam coming up in science, and was thinking about how I could revise and study effectively. This app is very good for revision! If you create a book on this app, you can add all of your class notes to it. Then, you can click the share button, and press export to ePub. Then you can make it into a book on the app “books” and read through all your notes as a real story! As someone who struggles to get motivated to revise, this method has helped me as I absolutely love reading!
Just remember that you can only make 1 book, because I believe this is a sample app for the real one. I hope you found my tip for how to use this app helpful!
Have a wonderful day and stay safe! 🤩😁😉☺️😜
I’m not being harsh but, with the fact that you actually have to pay to make good quality books is ridiculous and I think you should update it so that people who install the app don’t have to pay for it because that is what bugs me. On the other hand I did give it a one star rating because it allows you to make at least one book for free. But I’ve showed my mum and dad and they said to not bother with it because you shouldn’t waste money on stuff like that, even if is for school. And yes i have installed the app and tried out making my first book. And no I’m not going to finish it. Another thing that bugs me is, its a bit strange how you have two apps even though they’re technically the same because you have to pay. That’s the end of my review, i would like it if you respond.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tools for Schools Limited
- 185.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Tools for Schools Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Book Creator Upgrade £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.